Yep, I'm Out Of Room

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nato

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi, this is a few pics from a 2 acre clearing for a pond at my buds house. It took a month of weekends. A few of us now have lots of firewood,and arms full of poison ivy. I got alot of saw logs also. I should have snapped a few pics of the D8 Cat ripping stumps. Oh well. These pics are from weekend #2. Milling pics to come in a few weeks once I get caught up on other stuff around the house. And oh yes (not to rub it in) that is a new 880 wearing a 41 inch cannon. My my does it cut the hardwood nice. n8

You'll get some good lumber out of those logs. You must be itching to see what's inside 'em (or is it the poison ivy?).. That Kubota track loader looks pretty gutsy, too. Every sawmill needs one!

Yeah Dave I'm looking forward to a couple solid weekends of milling soon. Looks like it's going to be outdoor drying for these logs because the barn is almost full. Something about milling logs in the fall when the leaves change,man I love it! To bad its all csm for these logs. Saving for a kiln first then a nice used band mill. My buddy is an operating engineer so we had plenty of the "Right" equipment to use. It just makes a big job a little smaller. n8

olyman that was a new carlton chain on the saw. It was nice and snug before my felling cut. That chain stretched that much. I have noticed that a new carlton chain stretches quite a bit, but after a couple cuts it takes its final "shape". I think it is even more extreme the longer the bar. I was waiting for someone to comment on that:)

olyman that was a new carlton chain on the saw. It was nice and snug before my felling cut. That chain stretched that much. I have noticed that a new carlton chain stretches quite a bit, but after a couple cuts it takes its final "shape". I think it is even more extreme the longer the bar. I was waiting for someone to comment on that:)

That's because longer bars are louder.

Got me there RVALUE, I'm half deaf. Must be that muff mod on on my 441, or it could have been when I was in the womb all the good cells went to my feet.....hell I feel like dancin!

You gonna make a place for Her to get in and out of the boat , they don't think mud is love , dock is though .Nice saw , and that little loader iam i mpressed ,looking good keep pic combing .

John that kabota is one nice machine. The cab is freakin huge. I'm 6'3" and most skid steers are a little cramped. That thing had good power and impressive capacity, it was lacking on visability,but really they all do. I would love to own one someday but renting isn't so bad either. My buddy rented a D8 Cat for $400 (8hrs) to do the big pushing. Not bad in my opinion. I don't think he is putting in a dock. We were going to leave one of those eastern white pines right out in the middle and carve a totem pole....now that would have been a sight!

Latest posts

Back