Yesterday's Project: Husky 55 Air Injection Rebuild/Porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad that is a clean looking little 55. Looking forward to mine arriving next week.

People should remember that the loved 026 non pro oiled constantly just like the 55. It used to be very common for saws to pump like that.

Sent from my MiniMac running E-85!!

We've got a 55 open port thats a nice little saw.

I figured out a piston for the closed port once......we had to make bushings for the wrist pin. I can't remember what piston we used now.

Now I remembered.

The Husqvarna 254 piston is 45mm and will work with brass bushings made for the wrist pin bores.

Makes me miss my 55 which was a closed port saw. It wasn't the lightest or fastest, but it did a number on a lot of Hedge and Locust trees. It was also the first new saw that I ever purchased...

Once upon a time when the water was low at a local fishing hole my brother was scrounging lures and bobbers from the edge of the pond when he saw a orange handle. He went over to the orange and pulled with all his might(he is a big dude) and low and behold, out of the mud sprung a husky 55 with air injection. Brought it home washed it off with the garden hose drained everything out, let it sit on the hood of he pickup in the hot sun for a day and has been running it since. All we can conclude is that a beaver or bait trapper must have lost the saw through the ice. Either way it was a great find.

Once upon a time when the water was low at a local fishing hole my brother was scrounging lures and bobbers from the edge of the pond when he saw a orange handle. He went over to the orange and pulled with all his might(he is a big dude) and low and behold, out of the mud sprung a husky 55 with air injection. Brought it home washed it off with the garden hose drained everything out, let it sit on the hood of he pickup in the hot sun for a day and has been running it since. All we can conclude is that a beaver or bait trapper must have lost the saw through the ice. Either way it was a great find.

Makes me wanna go check out some lakes !!!!!!

.... All we can conclude is that a beaver or bait trapper must have lost the saw through the ice. Either way it was a great find.

That's evolution for you. Now the beavers are using chainsaws!
beaver.chainsaw.jpg

O

Brad, would you care to explain how you made the pop up piston? I'm a little foggy on this concept.

Back