Yet another 361 muff mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClimbinArbor

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
been searching all morning to no avail. does anyone have internal pictures of a 361 muffler showing the location of the spark screen?

im trying to find away to open the flow on the old girl without uncrimping it. what do you guys think of several small holes (1/16) run inbetween the ridges on the top front of the muffler? i did the math and to get the same amount of flow as lake's sticky mod (allowing a generous 40% restriction for the screen). it would only take 10 small holes to get the flow i want.

is this a dumb idea? it seems that way to me. im not a big fan of open holes with nothing keeping the gunk that we work in from going straight to my jug.

also... i opened up my llil 192 the other night.... AMAZING difference. i might actually use it for something besides kindling now lol

ALL MORNING? lolol.... check out the sticky threads above... Pics of the internals are all there...

You'll likely need more then 10 holes or larger holes - edge effects of the holes causes turbulance and reduces the flow.

Personally, I don't like holes on the front - they get obscured by wood when cutting, but.. I see a few out here - usually put in with 16 penny nails as a "field" mod..:)

Last edited:
oops sorry didnt read it all lol. yeah im not much on the idea either.

where did you find the stainless steel screening?

must be getting blind in my old age lake, i never saw it. found it though.

i think im going to steer clear of the unscreened holes though, and look for another way.

thx lake

Back