Yet another bar drilling post . . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on, that is one of my most ergonomic milling positions ever!
OK I'm guessing it's so cold you are cuddling up to the exhaust which then means needing to use a gas mask which in turn stops the cold from attacking the lower face? :msp_wink:

As for the gizmo, well you've spotted one place where Murphy was involved! Since I had to move the threaded rod at the head end due to the larger powerhead, the holes in the mill would no longer align with the threaded rods new tighter spacing.
For some reason I thought I was looking at the underneath of the mill and disn't recognize the oiler from the top.

So I cheated and simply screwed a block at the sprocket end of the mill and drilled a hole in it. Voila the right spacing. Clever I thought.
I woudl have thought so too.

Unfortunately the block came slightly loose and wound up tilting the mill and causing the bar to dive into the log as well as quite a bit of salty language until I figured out what was happening. (OK, Pete actually figured it out!).
"Salty language" eh, now there's a descriptor I haven't heard for a while.

Back