York rake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
In transit

2500poplar3001-1.jpg

on site

2500poplar3002.jpg

ten minutes later

2500poplar3003.jpg

unchipable debris

2500poplar3004.jpg

I will continue to mangle the lawn til this is done. Its the trunk from that large poplar I have been messing with.

2500poplar3005.jpg

I like the hitch on the front of your truck. We have a york rake at work to maintain the baseball field. Ive found it works good to do things like your doing.;)

I like the hitch on the front of your truck. We have a york rake at work to maintain the baseball field. Ive found it works good to do things like your doing.;)

All my trucks have a front receiver; winch, pintle, ball or a quick place to stow the york rake. I put a hitch in there when I work on the truck so I can stand on it. I am the type of guy who will go the extra mile to get the chipper in and its real easy to push from the front rather than back in. I throw the T-case in low and go with my foot off the clutch pedal. I have put the chipper where no chipper has gone before and with confidence. You know you have when its right there in front of you and it will turn a heartbreaking brush drag into a thing of glory. Easiest trick in the book. Plus I can't back for ####
Arborpro has set up like mine but is much more grand. He carries so serious weight on his rig.

Got a pic of how you mounted the front hitch? I can see how that'd come in handy.

Got a pic of how you mounted the front hitch? I can see how that'd come in handy.

The one of the red truck fit right onto the bracket for the plow. It was a square tube type that I welded to some angle iron on the plow bracket.
The one of the f150 I had to work a little on to get it to sit behind the front bumper and not interfere with the plow workings. It too is just a regular rear receiver bar fit in between the frame rails of the truck. I put a winch on that one, then I can pop the winch off and put on the plow plump real easy.
For a few hundred you can buy a front reciever that fits any truck but I scabbed mine from donors for cheap. Sure, you might have to compromise when it comes to putting all the parts back on but I found I don't really need that anti-sway bar and all it related parts.

Back