You all are turning me mod-hungry.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrencher

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Out of boredom (and interest) I've been reading through threads on this area of AS and it is making me want to modify my super-low hour Dolly 5105. I already have plans to find a 5100 muffler from before they went to cat (anyone have one?) and then I was thinking about trying my hand at porting the exhaust...

Tell me it's not worth it! :hmm3grin2orange:

*hands shaking....*

I don't have a muffler for but doing a muff mod and carb tune usually will wake up a newer saw. It makes a big difference on a Stihl MS290. I'm not sure how much difference it will make on the Dolmar. You will have to do it and let us know. :msp_sneaky: :msp_thumbup:

Sounds like you have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell! if you know what I'm sayin.

If you don't, I'm saying port them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chainsaw:

J.W. Younger just did a thread called "easy muffler mod" It's got pictures... Just sayin...:msp_wink:
It was a 5100...:msp_rolleyes:

new to site..great info here, big time...search is great!!!!!Just bought a Ms290 last week (due to snow storm and power/tree issues). 4 tanks later..Muff mod and carb re-tuned...WAY quicker..love it now.

Last edited:
Back