You burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still not ready yet. I hope it holds out a couple more weeks here. Stove is still on the trailer, I am such a slacker!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 533918

Nice is that an Ultimizer? The neighbor was looking at the BL 4044 during the stove shopping.

Our new boiler get delivered tomorrow.

Should be burning tomorrow afternoon.......shops a little chilly.

No burning down here in North Alabama.
It was 86 yesterday. Going to be much the same for the next few days.
We are in a drought here. Most of the State of Alabama is under a No Outside Burn Order.

David

6343af6a3f993f03cd8cd47c4348bde8.jpg

4a0f7e289a12ba93dc00309d2a14b2d1.jpg

Been burning most of the last week, this is today's roll. A mix of maple, cedar, and some unknown stuff. This has all been from a scrounge of small dead and down trees that I did to clean up the woods right near my house. Can't complain at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lit the fire a couple times last week.
Also have had the propane furnace turned on a couple of mornings to remove the AM chill.
I don't have near enough firewood to make it through winter so I'll be jumping back and forth between the gas and the wood depending... just ain't had the time.
Hopefully I'll be able to make a little time next weekend to make a bit more firewood from some standing dead elm I can look at from my front porch.

Started a decent fire in the 1557, got it up to 400* and baked in the paint.

But am really gonna have to get to foraging for some wood. Will be snowing before long, though really already should have had that, this year has been abnormally warm.....

6343af6a3f993f03cd8cd47c4348bde8.jpg

4a0f7e289a12ba93dc00309d2a14b2d1.jpg

Been burning most of the last week, this is today's roll. A mix of maple, cedar, and some unknown stuff. This has all been from a scrounge of small dead and down trees that I did to clean up the woods right near my house. Can't complain at all!

Very nice stove! What model is that?

We have had a couple of frost in the last few days, but no fires yet. We have enough forest fires running wild around here now and smoke hanging everywhere, no use adding to the haze by fireing up my wood stove. Days are still getting in the 70's. AC turned off and the house gets hot enough during the day that at night I am setting around in shorts and no shirt. I just wish we would get some rain, it would help with the forest fires a lot. It would also help my lawn that I redone first of Sept. Havent had enough rain to even settle the dust, much less grow any grass.

I'm honestly surprised of the number of folks that heat with wood yet seems like could just heat with a few candles. Don't know where you all live, but makes sense now why many on here seem to think commercial firewood sales isn't viable.

80*? If we get that hot in summer it's pretty rare. If it hit 80* now in the middle of winter the churches would be overfliwing!
It's been hot here, not complaining.... 20s-low 30s. Normally by now it's -20*

I'm honestly surprised of the number of folks that heat with wood yet seems like could just heat with a few candles. Don't know where you all live, but makes sense now why many on here seem to think commercial firewood sales isn't viable.

80*? If we get that hot in summer it's pretty rare. If it hit 80* now in the middle of winter the churches would be overfliwing!
It's been hot here, not complaining.... 20s-low 30s. Normally by now it's -20*
Not everyone gets to live in Gods Country.

I'm liking this weather. Cold at night for a fire in the stove but warm enough during the day to not have to keep feeding it.

Back