You know it's cold when.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-30 here on Fri. night

So darn cold that I can't start the old Briggs motors(snowblowers) without a bit of warming up, first. I have a 1976 Sears walk behind blower and a 1997 cub cadet self mower/blower(2 cylinder) and I need to put a halogen light against the block with a blanket to get them warm enough to fire. Tried priming and all I got was a backfire. 15 minutes with some heat and they fire up. -15 is just too cold for them to want to go.

Yup gets real cold in the winter and real hot in the summer -30 to 100 is our usual temp spread from winter to summer with a few days a lot colder or warmer mixed in. I can deal with the cold no problem but in the summer the heat starts to really suck unless you can jump in the lake and cool off

I've lived just about all of my life in MN. I was born in S CA and was 5 when my parents moved back to MN.

MN winters you just deal with what is handed to you. Make sure you have a good battery in the vehicals.

Summber in MN can be hot. The humity is high.

Interesting that my parents did the same thing.

I was cutting wood

when it was -25. I cut every day. Actually like cutting when it's that cold. The wood ( all red oak) splits so easy I don't even use the splitter.
Sure beats not being able to keep the sweat out of your eyes in the summer.

You know it is cold when,you are ice fishing and your line freezes before it hit the hole.Ken

Just remember that this is all the fault of "Global Warming" Al Gore founder.

you know it's cold when you are cutting wood and have a snotsikle hanging from your nose and plus when your trucks goes cold from the temp drop

you know it`s cold when you take the branding iron to brand a cow and all you do is give it a frost bite.

Back