You know you're an arborist when---

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1CallLandscape said:
you know your an arborist when :
All the waitresses at the local brewpub don't know your name, but they all know you as Treeguy.

Your Mom begins referring to you as Treeguy.

You use a laser pointer for things other than making the cat crazy.

You spend your days thinking up new treegear that hasn't been invented.

You've written to the Powerbar company asking if they can make em in flavors like Oak, Ash, Pine and Ginkgo.

You tell your wife, every day, how much you love your chipper.

Your ex-wife refers to herself as an Arboristsite widow.

Last edited:
You might be a redneck arborist if

You've ever unloaded the truck...

By slamming on the brakes in reverse

You might be a redneck arborist if

You've ever unloaded the truck...

By slamming on the brakes in reverse

:)

When your user name reflects another point of interest (mustangs) and you have 5 of them, yet you have double the amount of saws than cars on interest....

xtremetrees said:
You point out hawks and birds of prey sitting in the tops of trees noone ever sees.

It's amazing how people rarely look up these days. I think the whole blabbing on a cell phone thing has gotten folks to the point where they never are truly interacting with their environment anymore because they're too busy talking about mundane crap with their cell phone buddies. They miss out on things I think are far more important and/or interesting than, "Hey, whatcha doin'?"

Sunrise Guy said:
It's amazing how people rarely look up these days. I think the whole blabbing on a cell phone thing has gotten folks to the point where they never are truly interacting with their environment anymore because they're too busy talking about mundane crap with their cell phone buddies. They miss out on things I think are far more important and/or interesting than, "Hey, whatcha doin'?"

You're absolutely right, and what's more... Oh, hang on, I gotta take this call.. I'll be right back.

You might me an arborist when...

You fix things around the house with old throw line.

Your kids practice knots on every single piece of thread in the home.

Your wife can ID trees as good as you can.

Your 5 year old says this while you are driving around, "That one needs a crane on it." Or, "I see one cut for that tree." (Referring to a tree in decline or a dead tree: removal).--My favorite.

I find that my lifestyle/profession is rubbing off on the family.:cheers:

extreme and sunrise make good points. I spot alot of birds and critters when I'm checking out trees driving or any time. Thumbs up to treeman14, also.

save a tree

.U know U R an arborist when.......in the middle of the sermon u get excited as u tell the congreation how u saved a tree.It was a Chinese Elm with sound branch attachments ...I gave it a massive lift but at least it got to live.

You might be Murphy if you think of 1000 thing that can go wrong .:monkey:

ROLLACOSTA said:
HAHAHA funny post BigJohn,i've been there and done all the above LOL

I was doing one of the above when the customer came out with a tray of tea, and biccies (cookies). I would've got away with it too if it weren't for the lads I was working with!:laugh:

Back