You Love Saws More Than You Love Me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it clear from the first day my GF and I met that I had chainsaws, cars, tools, etc. and I spent a lot of time in the barn with them. Now any time she gets jealous and complains I don't spend enough time with her I just remind her that all that stuff was here before she was and it will be here long after she is gone. Call me selfish, but she knew what she was getting involved in a long, long time ago. And, if she starts getting really annoying I talk about her mother a lot and she gets homesick and goes to visit, in fact she left this morning to go visit for the whole weekend! :clap:

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft, tell her by joe she can be replaced with another cook, keep posting big John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys obviously have alot more tact than I and I was just about ready to subscribe to Lone Wolfs theory till I read your post.
I'll stick will what seems to work: "Treat em mean, keep em keen."
I like the idea of giving them the money from the saw projects. I'm obviously not getting it. She had 2 saws and I sold them both and I kept the money.
Man, am I stupid, glad you guys are here to help. No wonder I go thru so many woman. Lol
John

You guys obviously have alot more tact than I and I was just about ready to subscribe to Lone Wolfs theory till I read your post.
I like the idea of giving them the money from the saw projects. I'm obviously not getting it. She had 2 saws and I sold them both and I kept the money.
Man, am I stupid, glad you guys are here to help. No wonder I go thru so many woman. Lol
John

Before you do that ask them hows it going for them are they still married?

Yup what he said ,take her hunting or snowmobiling or something.

Lol, we sold her snowmobile too. Very dangerous machine, someone always getting hurt. Sleds suk, 4 wheelers rock!
She has a gun though, so I guess we could go hunting.
Tim and I a hunting went,
Met tr'ee girls in a pop up tent
Dey were t'ree and we was two
So I bucked one and Timbuktu.

Lol, we sold her snowmobile too. Very dangerous machine, someone always getting hurt. Sleds suk, 4 wheelers rock!
She has a gun though, so I guess we could go hunting.
Tim and I a hunting went,
Met tr'ee girls in a pop up tent
Dey were t'ree and we was two
So I bucked one and Timbuktu.

Go hunting with her a sure way to build a strong bond. people that do things together stay together my friend.

John

Just in case nobody figured it out, I'm stuck in a hotel room. Lots of time to sit here on AS, and I already hit the end of the internet.

Last year at christmas, my wife was late getting home from work. She came in the door crying with a hefty speeding ticket in her hand. 53 in a 35 zone, and the cop rounded down.... I was excited because that day I had turned a 372 into $400 cash and I was going to get her something really good for christmas (plus some saw bux for me....) I calmed her down and explained that saw money was "found" money. Went and paid off the ticket the next morning, and had enough left over for a decent x-mas present. I only pass on the saw money once in a while, but it certainly seems to grease the wheels.

Just in case nobody figured it out, I'm stuck in a hotel room. Lots of time to sit here on AS, and I already hit the end of the internet.

Last year at christmas, my wife was late getting home from work. She came in the door crying with a hefty speeding ticket in her hand. 53 in a 35 zone, and the cop rounded down.... I was excited because that day I had turned a 372 into $400 cash and I was going to get her something really good for christmas (plus some saw bux for me....) I calmed her down and explained that saw money was "found" money. Went and paid off the ticket the next morning, and had enough left over for a decent x-mas present. I only pass on the saw money once in a while, but it certainly seems to grease the wheels.

Yup what he said just be nice to them simple.

Before you do that ask them hows it going for them are they still married?

You guys are too funny. Can't wait till the Spacemeister drops in.
Seems I'm now reduced to a closet AS lurker till I give her some doe for those saw projects.
I really don't understand why she's complaining, look at all the wood she gets.
Sorry photobucket not working.:confused:
John

You guys are too funny. Can't wait till the Spacemeister drops in.
Seems I'm now reduced to a closet AS lurker till I give her some doe for those saw projects.
I really don't understand why she's complaining, look at all the wood she gets.
Sorry photobucket not working.:confused:
John

With all due respect, I'd rather not look at the wood she's getting.

She's lucky to have you. I'll try to adopt similar skills, or is it too late for me?
They say a good man never gets away. Lol
John

You cant lose by being nice let us know how it goes and if any ideas work for you.
Ok, I'll bite. If I'm nice will it buy me more time on AS? Sounds like it will.
I better go cut some wood. I got a screamin' 359 with a 14" GB bar I got from MCW. What a rush!
John

My wife says I love my cars and my kids more than her. Chainsaws are only a hobby when I have the time and money.

Back