You love this work when...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
1. You are not even finished the days work and are already talking about the next day to come.

2. Your wife tells you to shut up about tree work already.

3. The ground crew can see the smile on your face at 60ft.

4. Its never to hot/cold to work.

5. Friday is not your favorite day of the week.

6. feeling guilty about taking the customers money when having so much fun.

This is my list. Just killing time, recovering from torn ACL/MCL

Keep them coming all!

ahhhh i recently messed my knee up badly i feel for you i havent been able to run a saw in a few days

Office with a view

Getting things set up for a climb and a flock of Canadian geese fly over honking the horns! Then coming home and enjoying a ice cold beer.

How about, You Know You're a Tree Guy (or Girl) When:

1. Every time you empty the lint trap on your drier, a small tree falls out.
2. When someone asks you how you got that cut / gash on your hand / arm / head / etc. you respond "Where? Oh, I don't know."
3. You've started sentences with "So, I almost died today" and your response isn't shock, but simple curiousity.
4. You find it odd that some people don't fully understand the holding power and tenacity of pine sap. Especially when it comes to arm hair.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but figured at add some of my own to your list.

1. Every time you empty the lint trap on your drier, a small tree falls out.
2. When someone asks you how you got that cut / gash on your hand / arm / head / etc. you respond "Where? Oh, I don't know."

:agree2::cheers::cheers:

When all your dirty clothes are on the back deck, where you undress. and the house still gets a sawdust layer on the floor. well, chips in my case, I can sharpen the hell out of my saws.

No matter where you go, you have to ogle the trees, and you're always looking up for a good TIP.

when you subconsciously change your last name to "the tree guy" while talking to people on the phone. :)

1. You DONT look for a tree to park you car under at the shops.

2. Your mates point out the hot blonde and all you see is the badly pruned Eucalyptus marginata behind her.

3. When you almost drive over the car in front because you were ogling a tree you want to climb. (Yes, I have done this more than once).

When a bottle of baby oil or peanut butter is usually located in the shower. And said shower looks like this when your girl leaves town for 3 days. Man she's gonna be pissed.

attachment.php

When you go to pay at the supermarket and you blind the clerk with a cloud of wood shavings as you pull the a.t.m. card out of your wallet.

Yes, they love the mess and sweat soaked hundreds. BTW No cards that I keep in my wallet work , they have been scrapped up by the wood chips.

...you get to work in a tree next to a pool that has the ho's daughters all havin a tanning session. No dudes in sight! Before concern sets, they were of legal age.

Way tech job done there. Some tricky limb walking, a nice fishing pole rigged limb, some screaming chainsaw cuts, many finished off with the hand saw for acknowledgement of the slow mo control with the, "I got it covered" facial expression. It's so lonely to work in the woods.

My terre associate (some would say groundie) was kind of slow this day and well straight up deprived mainly cause of the out of pool view tight spot we were lowering stuff into. Enjoying the breeze on this wonderful day I was. I was also being very patient while he expended way many calories to clear the landing zone; I decided to practice my tight shirted flexing yoga poses in the tree for the ladies while eying them like a tiger stares down a prey. Mind you I had dark sunglasses on which helped greatly; you know so the ladies could not see where I was looking. They knew what they were doing rubbing that oil all over en shiz.:dizzy:

Other than that,
I love this work when...customers are happy and I make good money doing something I really enjoy oh yea.

When a bottle of baby oil or peanut butter is usually located in the shower. And said shower looks like this when your girl leaves town for 3 days. Man she's gonna be pissed.

attachment.php

WTF! I thought the peanut butter was for the ladies who have dogs? Man you are one horny guy.

WTF! I thought the peanut butter was for the ladies who have dogs? Man you are one horny guy.

What? How would you use peanut butter for that? In the shower? I use them to remove PINE SAP! You guys are messed up, seriously.

1. The adrenaline filled seconds before you finish a back cut on a large piece of wood while your tied to a tree 60 feet up.

2. Right after you finish that back cut and watch that piece fall right were you wanted it.

3. When a friend, home owner, customer or family member watch you work and tell you "your crazy, that crap is dangerous"

4. PAYDAY, or the day I collect the money.

Comments when the job is done like "you're amazing in that tree" and "aren't you scared up there?"

They write the check so much faster when they watch you do your work.

Ah yeh...

When you rock up to your business pardners place for a chat an his smokin hot babelicious younger sister (24) in from outa town gyrates a little closer, sniffing and looking longingly at you, softly cooing, "oh wow, how i miss the smell of saw dust on a man...":rockn:

Back