You Oak or Euc?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

formationrx

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm an oak man with euc tendencies. I am new here and would like to find out what kinda group we have on this site. Are you guys pure one way or the other or a mix?

All Eucs. I don't see any oak where I'm at. Some day though.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

cracking up

Maybe I should explain... jeez this is making me feel old.
Euc men are high climbers that prefer big wood. They knock out huge removals, and do not care if things look pretty. They are highly skilled and love to cheat the reaper. Euc men enjoy the challenge of the most dangerous work and the biggest saws. They are fearless and are very innovative riggers.
Oak men are in it for making trees beautiful and healthy. They sculpt, study, and prune away. They like ornamentals, allied fruits, and other shade trees. They use snips, handsaws, pole saws, pole clips, and only use a chainsaw for removing large limbs or shaping. They thrive on making the tree absolutely perfect in their own style.
Most tree guys I have known have been a mix of both oak and euc--but never equally... they prefer one but have qualities of the other. Totally euc or totally oak is rare. I hope this is clear enough...

Last edited:
This whole question and explanation has fruity California undertones to it and it creeped me out a little. But welcome to the site.

Maybe I should explain... jeez this is making me feel old.
Euc men are high climbers that prefer big wood. They knock out huge removals, and do not care if things look pretty. They are highly skilled and love to cheat the reaper. Euc men enjoy the challenge of the most dangerous work and the biggest saws. They are fearless and are very innovative riggers.
Oak men are in it for making trees beautiful and healthy. They sculpt, study, and prune away. They like ornamentals, allied fruits, and other shade trees. They use snips, handsaws, pole saws, pole clips, and only use a chainsaw for removing large limbs or shaping. They thrive on making the tree absolutely perfect in their own style.
Most tree guys I have known have been a mix of both oak and euc--but never equally... they prefer one but have qualities of the other. Totally euc or totally oak is rare. I hope this is clear enough...

Ok then, given that I'd say hmmm twas more Eucy than Oaky but I'm mellowing wise like a wine in Oak barrel with my growin age. I'd say ya over thinkin the trade a wee bit not to many existentialist tree philosophers hangin on a 660mag but lets see eh. :msp_rolleyes:

I'd heard the phrase when Mapleman was around. Assume it's a California thing. I don't think there's many places on Earth that have both Oaks and Euks. But to answer the question I'm a bit of both, but I'd much rather a hairy removal to a ornamental prune most days of the week.

I can get jiggy with the gomtaro and handsnips.. or the husky's. Of course, I am "The One". :)

MDS, you are certainly the one if filthy players were ever ones. One filthy SOB. ;)

Who are you to talk?
You are neither euc man or oak man, doubt you are a man. You should stay out of post's that real tree guy's are in.
Jeff

Seriously. Well I'm glad we had this little talk. :)

Back