You smell like chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the solution...

I always get a lot more done in the timber when she is with me and hauls and stacks. Added bonus is she doesnt notice the smell.

I have the solution...

I always get a lot more done in the timber when she is with me and hauls and stacks. Added bonus is she doesnt notice the smell.
Shoot i wish mine would help load, She will stack sometimes. She's got a nose like a flippin bloodhound, She smells everthing. I can fart 100 yards from her and i will hear "that stinks"

WOW, either you are crazy OR you love kids, which is it?

I would like #3 but 7?

Hahaha. You'll really think I'm nuts, my wife and I have 10 between us. :cheers:

What I find comical about this thread is that my wife really does like the smell when I come home. Her dad was a logger, her brothers were loggers, hell her uncles and cousins were loggers. We live in a mixed conifer forest so that adds the smell of Pine to the burnt 2 stroke, gas, and diesel.
I remember coming home from work when we first got married, she met me at the door and said "That's how a real man is supposed to smell". :laugh:
You'll really love this. After supper, I said "I've got to go clean & sharpen my saws." She spread newspaper on the coffee table, went out to the truck and brought my saws in the living room, and said "This way we can spend time togeather while you get your saws ready for tomorrow."
Like any man, there are times that I complain, but I know I've really got it made. Man, I love my wife. :cheers:

Andy

Once in a while I get "the look" when she finds saw chips in the laundry. I just ask her how warm she is in the winter, and remind her that all that split wood doesn't just appear. She must think it just grows on trees...

She just had a baby two weeks ago?

Well, you don't want to go anywhere near that. They don't call em "damaged goods" for nothin!!!

Seriously though, I get the you reak of 2-stroke exhaust thing too. My two daughters know that it means I've been making firewood. I also get the heavy smoke smell from burning slash.

Hahaha. You'll really think I'm nuts, my wife and I have 10 between us. :cheers:

What I find comical about this thread is that my wife really does like the smell when I come home. Her dad was a logger, her brothers were loggers, hell her uncles and cousins were loggers. We live in a mixed conifer forest so that adds the smell of Pine to the burnt 2 stroke, gas, and diesel.
I remember coming home from work when we first got married, she met me at the door and said "That's how a real man is supposed to smell". :laugh:
You'll really love this. After supper, I said "I've got to go clean & sharpen my saws." She spread newspaper on the coffee table, went out to the truck and brought my saws in the living room, and said "This way we can spend time togeather while you get your saws ready for tomorrow."
Like any man, there are times that I complain, but I know I've really got it made. Man, I love my wife. :cheers:

Andy
Now we know why you have 10 kids, life is good.

Now we know why you have 10 kids, life is good.

Indeed it is. She dosen't even so much as give me a bad look when I come home with new saws. I read what other guy's go through with their saw habit's & wives, and I have gained a whole new appreciation for mine.

Life is very good!

Andy

LOL!!!

My wife pulled a bonehead move this afternoon.

She got a wild hair and decided to seal the Natural slate flooring in the Den with some really evil stuff from Quickcrete.

No Fan, no windows open, and I'm cooking...my head gets light and I can smell something like Acetone, then it gets overwhelming so investigate.

CRAP!!! Here it is 50 degrees out, and she's turning the hootch into a 2 story explosive Vapor bomb with the Fireplace merrily reducing Walnut into ashes.

Just got it aired out about 2 hours ago, so I took advantage.:D

Got the 346 on the Coffee table while spiffing up a few loops of Carlton, and she wont be able to smell anything but the sealer stuff for a week!!! LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

LOL!!!

My wife pulled a bonehead move this afternoon.

She got a wild hair and decided to seal the Natural slate flooring in the Den with some really evil stuff from Quickcrete.

No Fan, no windows open, and I'm cooking...my head gets light and I can smell something like Acetone, then it gets overwhelming so investigate.

CRAP!!! Here it is 50 degrees out, and she's turning the hootch into a 2 story explosive Vapor bomb with the Fireplace merrily reducing Walnut into ashes.

Just got it aired out about 2 hours ago, so I took advantage.:D

Got the 346 on the Coffee table while spiffing up a few loops of Carlton, and she wont be able to smell anything but the sealer stuff for a week!!! LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
LOL, Sounds like you got a green light to clean anything. Would be a good time to oil up the guns.

My kids stay with me on the weekends so they're not as used to it now as before. I used to come home from milking cows and gathering a PU load of wood in the morning and they would meet me at the door ready for hugs, but NOW, I get a little peck on the cheek and "daddy you need a shower, daddy you need to shave." What happened to my little girls who liked their dad rugged? Mind you they are only 6 and 4. :dizzy:

My GF seems to like it in small doses, but I fear I will be getting the same treatment soon.

Kyle

What's worse....chainsaw or diesel???

1244559027_only-the-brave-cologne_1.jpg

You're lucky, My wife hates the smell of gun oil.

LOL!!!
No a degree. My 'Ol lady wrenches on Nuke reactors for a living and has a penchant for redecorating. The "Projects" never end, and there is no scope of magnitude in her thinking.

Every Rose....;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back