young lambert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawworld

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
between shows i was able to meet the great john lambert from canada. while he was on one of his many beer runs, i looked under plastic paulette and found some old pictures. i found this one very strange so i brought it to a local pub and asked if anyone could possibly explain it to me. an old timer told me that it was a baby picture of an outlaw logger by the name of "loco lambert". sure enough, as i looked closer i could see it. it was confusing because of in all the pictures of lambert i've never seen safety gear. the fellow also told me to be careful,woods,women and whiskey are not safe when lambert is around.
i hope john does not get upset with me for posting a baby photo. marty

Yes, long after we're all gone, the legend of the North Country's most colorful woodsman will live on in beverage-enhanced stories told around campfires from Nova Scotia, through the Canadian Rockies to the Yukon.

....oh, and just to let you know; that throwing axe went right over the top of the target log. Missed it by a country kilometer.

Marty, I hesitated several seconds debating on whether or not to open your pic. No telling what might be under there. Doug, I thought that release looked a little high, no way to tell from the pic though, John might have been duck hunting or something...quack, quack:)

Too high isn't the word for it, Mike. The axe cleared the top of the target by no less than 5 feet from a throwing distance of 20! A flock of Canadian Geese actually had to divert their flight pattern

Thanks Doug!!

well doug I have to thank you much. Just sitting here reading the posts and my six year old son comes up behind me and says" whooo, look at those big bouncy nipple things" and then runs to tell me his mother, giggling with glee.

Time for damage control.:D

Hey Doug, in that last picture is wasnt any choker race at all, the Rooply bros. were at the other end yelling " free beer on us", that is why Dennis was ahead of Andrews, because Robert knew we had a private stash that Dennis hadnt found yet.
Gypo

Sorry about that Mike. Your son is definitely beyond his years. Alas, I have no comeback or excuse. My appologies.

Zypo,
You got dat right!

tongue in cheek

No need for apologies Doug, he just took me by surprise when he said that. It didn't even occur to me what he was referring to until he had to point them out again. A good laugh in the end. :D

Especially listening to him describe to my wife" the girl was running with her things bouncing up and down". Almost wet my pants.

I haven't figured out the animation (it's an art unto itself)....but maybe this will help.

Che
:D

Hi Che; the animated girl didnt work, can you try again please lol.
Marty, I too was reluctant to open that picture for fear someone was simply trying to humiliate me one more time lol.
I had visions of a picture of me wearing a kilt with cowboy hat and boots.
Any by the way, when I tossed that axe, I thought I was tossing a 6 pound mall so I bank shot it off the outhouse door and skined and gutted two Canada geese in one fell swoop.
Now Were Loggin!

Che,
Adobe Photoshop has a program coupled to it called Image Ready. This allows multiframe, time-sequenced pictures to be animated. Since human eye persistence is in the neighborhood of about 1/10 second, if you make the sequence of pictures less than that, you get seamless movement. Motion pictures are 24 frames per second; mini DV camcorders are just about 30 frames per second. In theory, you should double the speed of eye persistence to about 20 frames per second, minimum, to acheive smooth playback (Nyquist sampling theorem, for the technically enthused). Send me a private message with your email address and I'll help you out with it if that's what you want.

Latest posts

Back