Your favorite Small Mcculloch saw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlast

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for opinions, reccomendations for a Small Mcculloch saw to go with the rest of my saws.

10 of various 10 series
a 6-10
a PM 55
PM 700
PM 850

got some 600 series thrown in there.

Prefer steel of course but will look at anything.

I call them small, some may think different, but the Pro Mac 10-10 saws were damn fine saws. you still see them out there earning their keep.

I've got a couple of the 10-10's and I like them really well. Very robust machines.

I loved the Mini MAC (10" bar) for all 30 years I had it, right up to the moment I threw the hard to start POS in the dumpster. :chainsaw:

3216 eager Beaver, Bought brand new in 1990 or 089 cant remember. 32cc of raw plastic case power:monkey: Really has never failed to start has cut tons of wood, on it's third bar now yes I wore out the other two. Just a super little saw has paid for itself 10x over.Not a real mac but it tries to be!

Last edited:
Small McCulloch?

attachment.php

I suppose the only small McCulloch saws were the 1-10, 10-10, and Mini Mac 6.

I have a 1-10 but couldn't recommend it for every day use as it is strictly a manual chain oiler. I got a 10-10 and a 10-10 Automatic last week but have not had a chance to even pull the rope on either one yet.

I have a friend who purchased $99 "McCulloch" from a big box store earlier this year and he thinks it runs and cuts great. I will be taking my Stihl 036 over for him to try, and probably an SP125 as well just to get some exercise, I expect I can get him hooked on CAD just like the rest of us.

Mark H.

PM6 is my favorite small mac right now.I have a bunch of the various little mini mac's but the pm6 is a lot sturdier built.
attachment.php

Sorry wrong picture.................

It looks just like that one but smaller.............

Well not exactly like that one.......................

It is the same color though..................

Last edited:
lol, smallest saw i own is a 10 series.

I mentioned above i have 10 various 10 series saws, from 1-10, 2-10, and
early and late 10-10 stuff, pro mac 10-10, etc....

I need a limb cutter, topper, or tree climbing saw :) IE less weight then a 10 series.

I dont mind a 10 series although they are not light to carry up, but IF i find
a smaller saw i have someone else that will climb, SO i am going to find a smaller saw and stay on the ground with something bigger :)

idea is smaller size = less steel = less weight. not a fan of plastic, but for this area i am not total against it. though i prefer metal :)

BTW heim nice stuff spent sometime over in the mcculloch thread here yesterday. Also how you find anything in IA ? i just a bit over
from you and cannot find anything in the region pretty much, too few.

Last edited:
I love my little Mac 110, best 3 dollars I ever spent.............. wait come to think of it, somebody gave me that saw for free.

Yep, I like it even better now. :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Small McCulloch?

attachment.php

I have a friend who purchased $99 "McCulloch" from a big box store earlier this year and he thinks it runs and cuts great. I will be taking my Stihl 036 over for him to try, and probably an SP125 as well just to get some exercise, I expect I can get him hooked on CAD just like the rest of us.

Mark H.

You are a MEEEEAN man!!!!!!

A good freind of mine has a mac 10-10. He loves the saw but doesn't use it anymore because it missing the clutch cover. Or it broke, any idea where I could find him one.

Latest posts

Back