Your favorite Small Mcculloch saw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe no one has voted for the most famous of all,, the BP1, at 44cc it is small, and very light for 1960. It's my favorite, next would be the 510. Hey Scooterbum, thanks for accidently posting the pic of my MC92!
Scott

The Mac 110 is a great choice. They are all over ebay, parts a easy to get, and the saw is lightweight. Mine is thirty years old this fall, and it runs just like the day i brought it home.:)

The Mac 110 is a great choice. They are all over ebay, parts a easy to get, and the saw is lightweight. Mine is thirty years old this fall, and it runs just like the day i brought it home.:)

Mine is in pieces and will ship it to you for free. :) I also have a 320 in the same state.

I am sure they are great saws, but I haven't had good luck with them. My next small Mac is going to be a 1-50 or 7-10.

Mine is in pieces and will ship it to you for free. :) I also have a 320 in the same state.

I am sure they are great saws, but I haven't had good luck with them. My next small Mac is going to be a 1-50 or 7-10.

Cool! I might need some parts! PM'ed addy on the way:clap:

Looking for opinions, recommendations for a Small Mcculloch saw to go with the rest of my saws.

10 of various 10 series
a 6-10
a PM 55
PM 700
PM 850

got some 600 series thrown in there.

Prefer steel of course but will look at anything.
I operate a variety of McCulloch Chain Saws, as you can see by my Signature. The saw I use the most is one of my Mini Mac 30, and the Mac 110 for the brush work, while limning a tree. Nice and light saws for that job, You don't have to wrestle with the saw for different angles to cut the limbs off the tree.
Then I work with my Mac 1-10, but the only problem with that saw, you have to be constantly on the manual oiler.
I have 2 Mac 10-10 Automatics that I use constantly up to 10" or 12" stuff, then I go to my Pro Mac 60, because it spins the chain a lot faster in the cut, then the Mac 1-10, or the Mac
10-10 Automatic.
I use it up to 15" stuff, then I go with the Pro Mac 700, with a 24" bar. Since my bush was logged, and I don't need that length of bar, I'm going back to a 20" bar for it. I want to cut down a bit on the weight, and length as well, and use this saw a little more than I do. Bruce.

Back