Zama c1q problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloch24

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a carb on a BG85 blower, it's a c1q-s64 (I think). No high or low needles.

My question.. Is it possible to replace the main jet check valve in one of these carbs?

It was plugged solid and would not clean, I think I ended up damaging it when I was cleaning it, and now the blower will not stay running.

Suggestions? I'm guessing a new carb is in order.

Thanks!

Thanks.. I don't see my type of check valve on there..

Mine has a screw in jet, but the brass body and check valve appear to be pressed in place.

Is it possible to press the old check valve out, and press a new one in without specialized tools?

Also, where would I get the new check valve.. Would a Stihl dealer have it?

Thanks

Well.... I've not got any direct experience with that particular carb, but I've played with a bunch of Walbros and a few zamas...

On my old walbro's (mini-mac MDC, homie XL-2), I was able to remove the check valve seat by forcing a suitable sized machine screw into the seat, and prying it out. This deformed the seat somewhat.

I placed the deformed seat on a smooth surface and used a flat steel punch to true up most of the damage, and then finalized it with a light honing on a very fine stone. Came out great.

I made a new check disk with a punch and a spare pumper diaphragm (the kit for the some engine or other had a variety of pumpers to suit a variety of carbs).... I used a rubber pumper for one saw's check and a blue acetate one on the other - both function well.

That said, these parts are generally available. Most decent small engine shops should have'em or be able to get'em. I just hate buyin' em if I can make'em.

Sorry no more specific help....

J

Save yourself a lot of grief and just buy a new carb already. One that has high and low adjustments. I probably spent 20 hrs on the same carb in my blower. In the end, I bought a similar Zama and swapped out the throttle shaft. Problem solved.

I disassembled, re-assembled, cleaned, poked, scraped, sprayed, rebuilt, baked, boiled and ultrasonically cleaned. The carb worked flawlessly until there was a problem and no amount of tinkering got that carb back up and running.

Check out this webpage for some parts. Their prices are also reasonable.

http://www.m-and-d.com/zama_carburetor.html

Wow.. thanks for the link! Shipping is twice what the part costs though.. :)

Does anyone have an IPL for a BG-85? I called the dealer for some info today, and he wasn't real helpful...

Thanks for the help!

BTW: is there a direct replacement for this blower that has H & L adjustment screws?

The mediacat blowup of the c1q s64 carb shows a high and low mixture screw

If I was saavy enough, I could put up the list, but I don't know how.

The mediacat blowup of the c1q s64 carb shows a high and low mixture screw

If I was saavy enough, I could put up the list, but I don't know how.

I have to go out and get the number off the carb... It must not be a s64, I was just guessing.. (Well educated guess, I know that's one of the carbs used on it.)

Thanks for the help..

I just went out and got the number off my carb..

it's a S55 112A

I took a punch and knocked the check valve right out of it.. I should be able to order a new one quite easily.

I also need the purge assembly though, so I wondering if it would be better just to buy a new carb.

I'm going to have to look into it.

As for the Mediacat chain letter, I got one (from you I think), but it didn't work. It was missing a file or two and wouldn't run. That's been a while though, so maybe you guys have fixed it up. :)

Let me know what i need to do. Is this still the out-dated version that needs to be run on a computer with the date set back?

Some of the guys are passing around a newer version that expires April 1st,
if not, I can send you another 07, p.m. me your address again.

The valve and the primer base should be @ $25, let me know, I might try
parting out a new bg55, depending on what carb it has.

Well, I got lucky. I called a local shop that just deals with carburetors, and they have the check valve. They also have the little primer bulb.

The check valve is under $4, and I'm not sure about the bulb, it's probably about $1.

I'm not sure I need the primer body anymore, it appeared to work after I took it apart.. We'll see... I'm willing to gamble with a dollar.. :)

Thanks for the offer fish, if this doesn't work out, I'll let you know!

The fixed high speed jet was stopped up in mine and it would only run with the choke about 1/2 on. I soaked it carb cleaner and couldn't get it cleaned out. Got the wrong carb from the Stihl dealer, took it back. Took the old carb apart again. Still wouldn't run. Took an 8 pound hammer to the old carb. Felt much better. Bought the right new carb, and it runs like a top. Just blew out my gutters a few minutes ago.
It was a dumpster rescue anyway and it's worth $50 and a little aggravation.

Latest posts

Back