Zama c1q problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Success!

Thanks for all the tips, info, and links. My blower is running like new again. I pressed the new check valve in this morning, put a diaphragm kit in it, and it's never run better!

I have 2 Bg85's down with the dreaded carb issues, parts here are to expensive to make replacement of carbs a practical option. You would think stihl would put decent carbs in the BG85s and MS200T's for petes sake!

I wouldn't waste my time on your existing carb. I just replaced the carbs on two FS85s. Both had fixed jet Zama C1Q carbs. Both wouldn't run correctly even after a trip through my ultrasonic cleaner. I replaced them with fully adjustable C1Qs. They're listed in the IPL.

I have 2 Bg85's down with the dreaded carb issues, parts here are to expensive to make replacement of carbs a practical option. You would think stihl would put decent carbs in the BG85s and MS200T's for petes sake!
Stihl parts are high everywhere but unless my dealer messed up the c1qs carb I bought last month was $27.In N.Z.there probably out of site.My bg85 never ran better.

This is the problem over here in the UK as well. Carbs from Stihl run from $70 - $100 in your money. Replacing the main nozzle and diaphragms costs only about $10. Also it is a whole lot more satisfying.
Making sure the check valves are working only takes a few seconds with a piece of rubber hose. You should be able to blow through with your mouth but not suck back. ( I just said suck back :foot-in-mouth:) If the idle circuit check valves aren't working they are non replaceable so new carb needed.

I was going to rebuild my carb also.When I asked for a price on the hole carb he said $26.99 and had one in stock I said lay it on me.Probably would have had $15 or more in parts.

Back