Zama C1S H4 23C Homelite A96352B Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deezlfan

Meadow River Lumber Co. 6
Reaction score
Machine: Homelite 240 UT 10629 without chain brake.
Carb: Zama C1S H4 23C Homelite A96352B
Issue: Metering level height

The Situation: Owned this saw since new. Used it to cut my mothers firewood [3 cord a year] for 15 years straight and never had a single issue with the performance or starting of this saw. Replaced the recoil rope twice and I am on the third spark plug. The saw was used occasionally for brush clearing after that. A couple of years ago I used this saw and make the mistake of not using up the entire tank of oxygenated gas. [Mixed at 32:1 as always.] Needless to say I needed to replace the severly swollen and disintergrated fuel lines, duckbill valves and while I was at it the carb kit because of the debris I found in the tank. Finally tracked down the correct hose size and got it mounted leak free. Installed new screen in the oil tank and a new ceramic style fuel filter. Checked fuel flow and hose routing to eliminate kinking. I bought a GENUINE ZAMA RB-05 kit. The original carb diaphragm had the plastic disc and the new kit has the new style diaphragm without the disc. I used the new style diaphragm and the replacement lever that appears to compensate for the removal of the disc. After days of tugging on this saw, I have narrowed the problem down to the lever height adjustment. When set to the factory recommended level, the lever does not lift the needle off the seat. I checked the forked end of the lever and the fit is tight enough to operate the needle correctly. Can I raise the lever above the floor of the carb to accomplish what I need to do?

Problem 1: Zama's website only gives a basic how to regarding the lever setting and all info I can find is not for my exact model of carb. Can anyone help with either a Zama or Homelite service procedure?

Problem 2: Is the switch in diaphragm style causing my problem? And if so, where in the world am I going to find the correct original style parts to get this saw running?

Last edited:
Back