Zama Carb help husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GetPaid

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just rebuilt husky 357xp saw all OEM and rebuilt the Zama carb, here is where I messed up I removed the plastic limiters adjusters like everyone said and cut it to much with the cut off wheel and ended up having to remove them completely off 100% and all I have showing is the metal screws showing and it's so far off I don't know a good starting point to set everything up. Like starting if all the screws where all the way screwed in. I Was going to ask here before buying a new one. Thanks a lot. Thomas

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    936.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.png
    image.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 19
Start with 1 1/4 turn on both and see how it reacts. You may need to close it to 1 turn, but it should at least start at 1 1/4.

Hey man thanks for the respond. I have really messed up. Both the white & red limiters are completely off and all my screws are all the way to the right where they can't turn. So I am going to back out 1 full turn and a 1/4 on each screw will do. Thank you sir. Because I have been messing with them too much like 3-4 full turns

You didn't mess up at all...you did your 357 a favor! Mine had the screws sitting on the limiter and it was still screaming lean and boggy in 30-40* temps. It runs perfect after deleting the tabs on a bench grinder(very carefully, lol) and giving it a "proper" tune from there.

The advice above with using fuel line is genius...thanks for the tip!

You ain't messed em up yet, if you cut some short pieces of fuel line longer than the screws and put them over the screws it will help keep the screwdiver in the slots, I'm sure you know by now it's tough to do without taking the top cover off.

Old guy thank you sir very much I pulled them completely off and i will take some fuel hose and go straight to the metal bolts. I have been trying to get the screwdriver in it's hard running shaking so bad you have to have the top cover off. I will sure try this because I have turned them all out 5-6 turns will try tonight

If you are having trouble keeping your screwdriver in the slot while running, another thing that helps is to run it on an old tire or something else rubber/shock absorbing. I've had multiple occasions where I've got my saw on a block of wood and it shakes all over the place making it really hard. Alternatively sometimes you can hold it down hard on a table or something with one hand and adjust with the other. Old tire works nice sometimes for me.

Latest posts

Back