Zama Carb help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
I am getting a neighbor's Echo 210 string trimmer going. The carb is a Zama K75. It has been sitting for a year. I replaced the fuel line (mush) and I have it running. What I can't see is where there is a mixture adjusting screw. It may end up needing a kit, but I have it running pretty well now, and I think with a little tweaking I can get it straightened out. How do you adjust this carb?

If they have adjust screws, they are in the same locations as on a Walbro.

Some had a High Speed fixed jet.

Jacks Small Engines has kits for these

Kit is Zama RB-107

Stens 615386 $18.98

I have found that the small screen inside the pump end of the carb is what throws the non-adjustable zamas out of tune. It is rare to have to put a whole kit in. Even if the screen doesnt look plugged it still is restrictive enough to cause running issues. Maybe you have already covered this.

If they have adjust screws, they are in the same locations as on a Walbro.

Some had a High Speed fixed jet.

I've got one of those on my 025."Fixed jet on the high side" It likes to run a little on the lean side, but if you can richen up the low side a little, it'll affect the high side a smidge. Does the Echo have any adjustment screw at all? Or just fixed and that's all she wrote?

I am getting a neighbor's Echo 210 string trimmer going. The carb is a Zama K75. It has been sitting for a year. I replaced the fuel line (mush) and I have it running. What I can't see is where there is a mixture adjusting screw. It may end up needing a kit, but I have it running pretty well now, and I think with a little tweaking I can get it straightened out. How do you adjust this carb?
Down low in between the fuel line and the return line barbs you should see a black round piece of plastic. This is a plug that covers the adjustment screw. It has to be removed to access the screw. I used a dry wall screw and pulled them out. These are the worst Zama carbs I have ever worked on. I have a stack of Echo 210 and 2100 weed wackers that need new carbs, but I will not spend 65 bucks these cost. I'm now in the process of changing the intake block and going with a traditional no plastic throated carb with both high and low adjustment screws. Good luck!! I have not had any luck with the rebuild kits I have installed. I think the ramp the plastic throat rides on get worn out and will not let it open up enough.

If I get a chance, I'll take a picture of it.

Is this the spot? It doesn't seem to have any kind of plug. I tried to find something in there to turn with a tuning screwdriver but I haven't had any luck.

attachment.php

I also see a place under this cover that might be a possibility.

attachment.php

You need a small coarse threaded screw to remove the black plastic plug. Once that is removed you then need a tiny jeweler's screwdriver to adjust it. Some carbs are tricks, though, when you remove the black plug there is a nothing to adjust. Carbs are around $50 for those things. And $20 for a carb kit is insane, you gotta find a local dealer it shouldn't be anymore than $10 at the very, very most!

update

I have soaked this carb and run it in the USC until it should be clean. I have also installed a new carb kit. It still refuses to clean up at higher rpm's. Does anyone have a spare carb laying around?

I have soaked this carb and run it in the USC until it should be clean. I have also installed a new carb kit. It still refuses to clean up at higher rpm's. Does anyone have a spare carb laying around?
I have 4- 2100 here in my shop that will not run at WOT. They will all start and idle fine but pull the throttle trigger and they die. I have did every thing that I know to do with the K75 carbs, but nothing I can come up with helps. I'm trying to find the old style intake and Walbro carb that Echo used to put on their trimmers that I never had any problems with. I did part a 210 trimmer out and sold it on Ebay and it did well. I sold everything except the k75 carb, I ended up slamming into the wall of my shop after about 3 hours of trying to fix it. I think the plastic throat and the little ramp knob it rides on get worn and causes the problems and that can't be repaired. I have notice that all mine I'm working on are all about 4 years old. New K75 carbs are about 65 bucks on Ebay

Thanks. It's for a neighbor. I saw the Ebay carbs. I would hate for him to spend $60 and then be back in the same spot in a year or two. The trimmer is in good shape otherwise. Do you remember model of the Walbro carb?

Thanks. It's for a neighbor. I saw the Ebay carbs. I would hate for him to spend $60 and then be back in the same spot in a year or two. The trimmer is in good shape otherwise. Do you remember model of the Walbro carb?

If the carb & intake from an SRM 2100 will work, I may have one

The 2100 uses a K52. If it would fit, it has high & low adjustments. Also, I dug through (what's left of) the box of 100+ 2 stroke carbs I bought on ebay last year--- no k75s, there were a few, must have sold them all.

Back