Zama carb meter lever setting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackjcc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I used to Walbro carbs and having the meter flush with the ridge that's around it. Zama carbs don't have this so where is it supposed to be set to? So many thousands below the top of the bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then flush with the top of the bowl? I had it set to that and I got high idle like rpms and no response from turning the L out. So I figured it was free flowing fuel past the needle.

So then flush with the top of the bowl? I had it set to that and I got high idle like rpms and no response from turning the L out. So I figured it was free flowing fuel past the needle.

How is the needle? Hopefully the seat hasn't left a ring around the seal.

Needle is brand new. I put the new lever in as well but it was substantially different than what was in it already. With the new lever depressing it doesn't lift the needle at all. It was flush originally, but I adjusted it to flush thinking that was how these were supposed to be set.

I tend to reuse the lever and spring and just replace the needle. In my observation the chinese rebuild kits use thinner sheet metal to form the lever.

I tend to reuse the lever and spring and just replace the needle. In my observation the chinese rebuild kits use thinner sheet metal to form the lever.

I do the same. My thinking is it worked well BEFORE the diaphragms failed so it should work with new ones. It has yet to fail me yet. I have to ask why would someone use a knock off hit and not go OEM? Why take the chance. Most kits we sell are like 10.00. not going to break the bank IMO

You can buy a complete carb for $10 with free shipping.

Sent from a magic box in my pocket.

The $5 China kit I bought for an el-18 included a substantially different lever so yah, I re-used the original as well.

Thanks for the pics, I is definitely a c1q.

I put an OEM kit in it. I did reuse the lever and had issues with the saw not responding to adjusting by the needles. So i swapped in the lever that came in the kit and the saw will only run for a few seconds off of priming it. so now its not getting fuel. I will bend the lever up to level and give it another try. thanks for the help guys.

Latest posts

Back