Zama Carb. problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have followed this site for a year and a half and have learned a tremendous amount about saws and how they work. I have reworked several saws with good success from knowledge acquired here and I thank all for there post and help. I have rebuilt about 20 carb. with good success on all but 2. My question is The parts break down on a Zama CQI carb shows a surge diaphram and I don't think there was one in the carb. when I dissembled it and I don't think there was one in the kit. Is this right or did I miss it (this is possible because my 4 year old grandson helps me most of the time). Please excuse the long post, I worked all day cutting and splitting 20" oak logs (with the help of my grandson) and an eight maul. Thanks for any help. Tom

zama Carb. problem

The picture you sent does not have the one I am talking about, but that kit was for a different carb. My carb. is a CQI- M33. The one in the picture was for a CQI but the other #s were different. The part that is missing is called a surge diaphragm. Thanks for the quick response. Tom

What application?

What application? and what type of carb is it? Is it a float type? does it have a primer bulb on the carb? Is it a slide valve or standard butterfly?

It is on a 2.1 CID McCullough chainsaw, diaphragm type, no primer bulb with standard butterfly. Thanks Tom

It's one of the problems with Zama kits - they make one just for your carb, but it's a pain to stock them all. I stock about 5 and get by.. but now and then I have to fiddle around to find something unique. If you don't have the exact kit, don't use the metering spring that came with the kit unless you can cross reference it!

Latest posts

Back