Zama Carburetor Question.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanamTim

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Yes, My question is what part of the carburetor is defective that would cause it to be constantly out of adjustment? It's a homelite super 2. I have a carb. kit on order and I think it's the diaphragm. I have had the old one out but it looks good, only a little stiff. I have adjusted it(running good) picked it up and before I could start to cut it was out of adjustment? I do have another question that may shed a little light on this, the gas tank cap had a bulb on it but it cracked in a million pieces. Will this affect the carb. adjustment? I tried to order a new one but the shop owner said it was no longer available. How about a leaky gasket? Seems like through the years I've had this happen before and never fully understood just what caused this? Any help would be appreciated.

Take the bar cover and recoil off and wiggle the flywheel and clutch at the same time to check crank bearings. Last super 2 i had ended up with trashed crank bearings that ruined the seals from the crank floppin around which caused an air leak. It is possible for the carb to have a leaky welch plug or a bad check valve though.

I'm sure I checked that but I will do It again to make sure. I was just thinking I have an Echo weedeater that's about 28 years old and it's never been in the shop, never needed adjustments, never failed me. And yes I use it every summer. All I do is drain the fuel each winter and put fuel in it the next spring and she's ready.

I think bad the bulb can affect it. But I'm not sure... I can't remember how they are set up. I've fixed several of those saws that had bad fuel lines. If your going to rebuild the carb, put new lines on.

Here's a tip. Take a picture of the carb and fuel line routing before you remove the carb. As you know, it's a tangled mess under that cover. Plus the oiler line hooked to the carb. The first time I did one, I didn't take a pic and spent hours trying to figure the routing out.

Most definitely

Will this affect the carb. adjustment?.

Yes, the line from the old gas cap goes directly to the metering chamber, via a little fitting on the carb side.

Either plug the line that goes to that carb fitting, or pull the line off of the carb & put a cap on the brass carb fitting.

bulb

Yes, My question is what part of the carburetor is defective that would cause it to be constantly out of adjustment? It's a homelite super 2. I have a carb. kit on order and I think it's the diaphragm. I have had the old one out but it looks good, only a little stiff. I have adjusted it(running good) picked it up and before I could start to cut it was out of adjustment? I do have another question that may shed a little light on this, the gas tank cap had a bulb on it but it cracked in a million pieces. Will this affect the carb. adjustment? I tried to order a new one but the shop owner said it was no longer available. How about a leaky gasket? Seems like through the years I've had this happen before and never fully understood just what caused this? Any help would be appreciated.

I have the primer bulb 02487. Send a P.M. if you want one.
chainsawlady

Thanks, I will try blocking off that fuel line and see if the problem goes away. Still waiting for my carb. kit.

Ok, I believe I got this little saw running like it should. The kit came in and I got it back together and tuned it. I started it a day later and after it warmed up it seemed to run just like it did the day before. It's been a challenge, but I like that from time to time. I hope to take it to the woods and try it out soon.

Latest posts

Back