The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought it sounded a little fishy...........good on you for checking it out right. this was a lesson.......you did very well. talk is always BS, fact is what you have to find and you did. it could have turned out to be up n up.
yep, there will be other woods to buy.........keep at it. i buy around 50% of what i hear of/look at.

yeah, just had a good run lately... not much work coming in but I'm getting most of it... turning down some though... this wasn't the first I've run away from, one guy had 7 trees, 3 codominant 1 growing through the middle of a giant pigeon cage... 2 of em part of a wood fence... then theres the cotton wood swamps... bunch of worthless timber and even more mudd...

First few blowdowns following this storm cut out of the way. Pretty nice DF, really. Some on the low flats were fire-damaged and brittle, some up high were root rot, but most were just unlucky. Same roads, same directions, same places as every other storm. Same branches shook free from the same trees, even. Lotta deja vu in these here woods.

My inner child bleeds a little every time I kill a fence:(
It's usually my wallet that bleeds the most, but in this case the HO was happy to roll the dice. But if not making the finals, such a stump would surely get an dishonourable mention in any fugly stump competition. It was so ugly it was pretty. Pretty ugly. Reminds my of my barber chair stump a while back.

A bit like my waistline, the stumps aren't getting any prettier over the years, only bigger.

I just came across with this at the local grocery in Berlin Germany.

IMG_6306.JPG

Tastes like cough syrup. Which may not be as far fletched as it seems at first glance. You might just fab a some sort of a purple drink concept out of that, methinks.

Dammit, can't find my barber chair stump pic.

This'll have to do. What's not shown is the steep hill out to the left that changed the mega tension wood to compression, all while trying to wreck the fence I was trying to save, or the 1/2 dozen other trees just like this one, and leaving the saw running at the stumps, for about 20 mins while the angry wasps found some other pin cushion to attack. Oh, and it was a cheapie job for friends who were smart enough to find some other fool to do it.

DSC00209.JPG

Back