The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys it seems we are going around in circles here but are mostly saying the same things.

There are some darn good salt of the earth people on this site that possess tons of knowledge and are happy to pass that on. They are in chainsaw, and firewood, and F&L. Guys like Randymac, eccentric, hinerman, mastermind, tomtrees and so on. Maybe you don't like some of them but they have all helped me in some way at some time. And that's worth something.

Too late Ken.
Actually, I kinda wish y'all would just quit for the night. Fallers are better at falling, climbers are better at climbing, lawyers are better at ****ing you over, foresters are better at drinking coffee. I really don't think anybody is saying they are "better" than anybody else, just better at their particular job. I guarantee, whatever it is SVK does, he is better at it than I am. Unless he is a male pole dancer.

Male pole dancer just sounds.... wrong...

Too late Ken.
Actually, I kinda wish y'all would just quit for the night. Fallers are better at falling, climbers are better at climbing, lawyers are better at ****ing you over, foresters are better at drinking coffee. I really don't think anybody is saying they are "better" than anybody else, just better at their particular job. I guarantee, whatever it is SVK does, he is better at it than I am. Unless he is a male pole dancer.
I definitely do not pole dance for work or hobby! LOL

Keep trying to drive that wedge Slowp. You have been one of the major contributors to the problem I referenced.

Pretending that you are above someone else because of your job title is senseless. Everyone puts on their pants one leg at a time.

I know a guy who singlehandedly does 250 cords of firewood a year (combination of hand split and with a basic hydro), does arborist work, and logs. He is a great contributor to both of the forums we are talking about. But a few members are too busy thumping their chests to notice good people like this. I guess it's their loss.
:clap::clap::clap::happybanana:

Let me say just one additional thing here.

Last night I referenced a guy who has a boat load of experience in all things wood/tree related. I also mentioned that he contributes positively on both major boards on this forum. And what do a couple of members do? Without a second thought they are already are trying to discredit him. And yet they were from the same group chirping about hostility on the forum just 12 hours earlier......

Last night I referenced a guy who has a boat load of experience in all things wood/tree related. I also mention that contributes positively on both major boards on this forum. And what do a couple of members do? Without a second thought they are already are trying to discredit him. And yet they were from the same group chirping about hostility on the forum just 12 hours earlier......

???

I was being hypothetical... Still not sure who yer talking about anyway.

Guys it seems we are going around in circles here but are mostly saying the same things.

There are some darn good salt of the earth people on this site that possess tons of knowledge and are happy to pass that on. They are in chainsaw, and firewood, and F&L. Guys like Randymac, eccentric, hinerman, mastermind, tomtrees and so on. Maybe you don't like some of them but they have all helped me in some way at some time. And that's worth something.
three of those guys are good friends of mine :)

The professional fallers are better than me at falling timber. They are better than you at falling timber. They are better than arborists at falling timber. They are better than firewood guys at falling timber. They are not on a different level. They would struggle in my job. I have seen Northman and Tramp Bushler very, very humbly ask for help and advice in the arborist areas. They realize they are not as good as the arborists at doing their job. I would actually say the arborists more frequently are derogatory towards loggers than the other way around. Could I have taken a different career path and wound up as a good PNW faller? I think I could have, but I didn't. So when they talk, I listen. Except for busted-up, who I just liked to troll, cause it would get him so riled up. Have you seen RandyMac's pictures? I don't care how many cords of firewood somebody sells, when that guy is talking falling trees, you should take a seat and listen
I could totally do your day job!

How hard is it to make Mexican Shaved Ice?

Pfftt!

[emoji14]

Last night I referenced a guy who has a boat load of experience in all things wood/tree related. I also mention that contributes positively on both major boards on this forum. And what do a couple of members do? Without a second thought they are already are trying to discredit him. And yet they were from the same group chirping about hostility on the forum just 12 hours earlier......

Well, quit posting about it and have HIM (I'm being sexist and assuming that) post on here. Flannel shirts? Carhart? Steel toed boots? You need to quit preaching and start listening/learning. Carharts, maybe, sometimes a flannel shirt, but steel toed boots? No way. Try hickory shirts, torn hoodies, rain gear, calks. Oil and grease or for us foresters, paint spackled pants and shirts.

By the way, I've been accused of having a chip on my shoulder, and by golly gee shucky darn I do. It'll stay there. Very few men on here have experienced the crap we women had to go through in the early days --1970s to work at the lowest jobs in the woods. You don't know. And the crap we overhear men discussing -- like women can't possibly do something ( a job that I had passed all the tests for and had worked at for 10 years at that time) because ________fill in the blanks. That was after I'd been working for 20 years!! I kept my mouth shut then but now wish I hadn't. And, there is a woman who lurks on the other forums but is afraid to chime in. And, a European woman tried to enter the realm in one of the most hostile forums--Off The Topic and within 3 posts was attacked by the usual attacker. For goodness sakes, we are 50% or more of the world's population! It isn't smart, business wise to piss us off. Note the "outrage" you feel if we patronize you. For the loggers, they were rarely the problem. They had/have a more generous outlook. As long as you do your job and make it to the woods when needed, you could be Bruce Jenner. Production doesn't have time for stupid prejudices.

Hop in your form of transportation. Come out and try to get a job in the woods. Listening to male relatives tell stories is probably not going to work as a qualification.

Back