Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northman- the windstorm hit your area? Something like that mean more work for you, or just the tree service folks?

usually yes. Only got a couple calls on this last one

we got a storm back in sept/oct? that took down a whole mess of trees, that one seems to have got me busy for some time.

The tree service/arborist folks are cleaning out lots of wallets right now...

What I do is a little different, but folks don't like watching half their trees fall down every fall/winter, so I get lots of calls from here until feburary.

On a somewhat political front some meat head is telling folks that timber prices are way down right not... they are not... so folks are a little trigger shy about getting logging done.... thanks facebook...

we got a storm back in sept/oct? that took down a whole mess of trees, that one seems to have got me busy for some time.

What I do is a little different, but folks don't like watching half their trees fall down every fall/winter, so I get lots of calls from here until feburary.

On a somewhat political front some meat head is telling folks that timber prices are way down right not... they are not... so folks are a little trigger shy about getting logging done.... thanks facebook...
They're never as high as any of us would like to see that's for sure though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

same story that's going on here as well ! the local stock pile that was piled for better sale's price has recently vacated from full to empty! so my thinking is if it's empty why would the price be down ? supply and demand is the key factor and high prices is the reason for semi's flowing out of the yard more than the supply! everyone has wood for ????? $$$$$$$$$$$$

gawd i hate that, always some dumbass that don't know what they talking about. it is surprising how fast that spreads to.

What do you guys think I need to replace my 385xp should I go to the Stihl 661 or a hopped Husky 390xp both are the same price.

I have a ported 385 and love it, Id go ported 390 anyday, pulls a 32" like nothing.

If you guys in the PNW/Western Washington need a hand let me know.

Ill be willing to trade my time for sharpening etc.... if you don't feel like my work ethic and output is reasonable, then you owe me nothing... hows that for a deal?

Did I mention I love running a saw? :)

Been working away since dawn this morning. Cleaning up some trees the wind knocked over the past few weeks leaving them hung up in other trees, as well as dropping some hardwood for next year's firewood stash.

8f4b759cfa5172497ad3fec73faa1de6.jpg

Went to drop a spruce with an 18" dia stump two hits on my brand new 8" wedge and kersnap. Not a happy camper LOL
88593f930721c5e055f7480f5fffa640.jpg

Oh well got a lot of wood cleaned up and now coffee time before going to block and split the load of hard wood lol

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Been working away since dawn this morning. Cleaning up some trees the wind knocked over the past few weeks leaving them hung up in other trees, as well as dropping some hardwood for next year's firewood stash.

8f4b759cfa5172497ad3fec73faa1de6.jpg

Went to drop a spruce with an 18" dia stump two hits on my brand new 8" wedge and kersnap. Not a happy camper LOL
88593f930721c5e055f7480f5fffa640.jpg

Oh well got a lot of wood cleaned up and now coffee time before going to block and split the load of hard wood lol

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
What are you using for beating wedges?

Back