Who ports saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not looking to argue about this. You should check your facts before running your mouth btw

Looks like it's time to throw EchoHoeNative back in the ignore file.

My how kind you are: what a fine example of why some People are really no longer here.

Are You still sore about loosing your badge?

Spudulike
srcarr52
Mike Lee
Brad Snelling
Chainsaw Jim
Chainsaw guy
Super33
Andyshine
Awol
Wigglesworth
TreeMonkey
Eric Copsey
Deets066
Elect6845
Zoo city saws
Komatsuvarna
adirondackstihl
Laslabjohn
woods
Simonizer
Dennis Calhoun
Mastermind
Miller mod saws
Wicked work saws
Rattler362
Mweba
Dozer dan
drf255

That's because everyone on these chainsaw forums are experts on porting and it turns into a huge argument. So the guys who really are exceptional at it don't share like they use too. SAD!!!!

No, the guys who REALLY know their stuff; the ones who have sold to pros and only pros, because pros are the main consumer. Those guys have reputation through word of mouth. No fancy advertising, no shiny stickers, just a saw shop & a phone number...

Find one of them & you'll get a saw that makes power, where it counts...

In my humble opinion, builders that sell mostly to non pros are on a completely different level. I could get even more specific, but I might hurt feelings.

No, the guys who REALLY know their stuff; the ones who have sold to pros and only pros, because pros are the main consumer. Those guys have reputation through word of mouth. No fancy advertising, no shiny stickers, just a saw shop & a phone number...

Find one of them & you'll get a saw that makes power, where it counts...

In my humble opinion, builders that sell mostly to non pros are on a completely different level. I could get even more specific, but I might hurt feelings.

Two totally different ways of porting. Work saw vs. cookie cutter. Most on here don't know the difference, they just see a video of a saw screaming thru the wood and want one. This is where the arguments stems from. People that don't know the difference but will defend their builder to the bitter end.

Two totally different ways of porting. Work saw vs. cookie cutter. Most on here don't know the difference, they just see a video of a saw screaming thru the wood and want one. This is where the arguments stems from. People that don't know the difference but will defend their builder to the bitter end.

Couldn't agree more. Last 660 I got done barely gained any rpm, but the power is there. Id rather have a saw that can spin the clutch than one that turns way faster and makes more noise...

Rpm for what? A bigger gas bill? Lets see some rpm #s on that jonsered pulling 32" skip through Green wood. Lets see how much it leans out after burning a tank in the face alone.
When your in a pickle and need extra power NOW, that torque is what will save the day.

I think perhaps you should focus on your chains before anything else Brad.

A properly built falling OR bucking saw wont turn much faster than stock, but it won't loose rpm nearly as easy... i dont need 3000+ drop in rpm just from pushing a little on a 16" round.. I dont want that loss in 42"..

Latest posts

Back