BG86-C issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you can put the plug end directly into the head unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome I appreciate all your help. I'm thinking compression isn't my issue. Is the adapter an aftermarket thing I could maybe put on or should I return this one?

i have had alot of them blower come in with coil problems. the coils has stages in them etc. i had them spark not run with everything else good . not run at it full throttle etc. what about the gas pour in plug hole etc,did you get it to fire. also the spark arrester screen is known for clogging up on that model just take it out and throw in trash and put the tip back on , i have also seen alot of dirt dabbler building a nest in the tit that you screw off the muffler to get the arrester screen out

there is a tech bulletin about coil change. i cant get it to load up. new coil number is 4241 400 1307 which should be stamped on the coil if it has been updated . but you need to do some checking before going and buying a coil

I haven't had time to do the gas pour in test yet I will do it probably tomorrow morning. How do you test the coil?

I did use an inline spark tester which showed to be receiving a charge

i have had alot of them blower come in with coil problems. the coils has stages in them etc. i had them spark not run with everything else good . not run at it full throttle etc. what about the gas pour in plug hole etc,did you get it to fire. also the spark arrester screen is known for clogging up on that model just take it out and throw in trash and put the tip back on , i have also seen alot of dirt dabbler building a nest in the tit that you screw off the muffler to get the arrester screen out

I check the spark arrestor screen but it seemed open I will probably remove it anyways. It will not turn over at all. The only thing I can see is the plug probably needs to be changed and the air filter. But the main concern I have is the primer bulb not filling. Maybe build up in the carb somewhere? I'm a rookie and I'm enjoying earning all this. It started as jut a whatever project and now I'm into it and want to get it going.

You mean won't start when you say won't turn over?

I would replace the carb whole, I believe that an OEM carb might be under $30. New fuel lines, air filter, spaker and fuel filter.

You mean won't start when you say won't turn over?

I would replace the carb whole, I believe that an OEM carb might be under $30. New fuel lines, air filter, spaker and fuel filter.

Yes it won't start. When you pull you can here the piston compress air but never even tries to fire. I hear they were about 50-60 but I'll check with my dealer. They owe me one anyways for telling me there wasn't compression when there is ;)

Nah, don't pay that much. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Carbure...647071?hash=item1eaa81b8df:g:eqEAAOSwxp9W-PAm

Infact, don't go back to that dealer. Did you have to screw a hollow adaptor onto the lower hose to do the test? Like what he was talking about in the video? I see I was wrong about some of what I said, but I think we are on the right track!

Watched the video and that explained it all. So it is reading low because I'm using the exact set it said not to which was helpful. So really it's pulling good compression

What gauge do y'all use for testing? The craftsman doesn't have the schrader valve fitting. I don't know if I can buy a fitting for it. Seems like I just need to shop around to find one that works. Shame because I liked the craftsman one

Yeh I figure at $16 if it lasts a few years I'm good. I don't want to throw a bunch of money at it because it only cost me $4 up front

I looked at the compression tester again because I was thinking about how it has a field service kit which included a replacement core. The short adapter tube has a schrader valve on the end right before the smaller adapter goes on.
ebc08b67bac73ab5579624df21b78a89.jpg

So there actually is a schrader valve then. Now is it the extension upon extension that throws it off or the tubes themselves? I'm just trying to greater understand what actually make it read low if there is a valve in there. I will try the bottle cap of gas in the morning and check some other stuff

The hollow adaptor is what is throwing the readings off. I had to rewatch the video, as I hadn't realized that the valve was actually in the end of the adaptor, till I looked at mine last night.

I have a vintage snap on tester I got off Ebay. I have only used it once or twice. I guess I should check it with my compressor.

I'm going to take my tester back since I'm using it primarily on small engines. Is buying a used snap on tester I'll advised since there is no warranty or is it good enough that I'd be alright?

Back