BG86-C issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had similar problems with my blower. It ran a little rich, therefore, I was cleaning the muffler once a year. But once I did the muffler mod, adjusted carb, and changed the spark plug I have not had problems with it. I believe the correct spark plug for yours is NGK CMR6H or the equivalent.

Sounds rich to me but I am on a tablet with cheap built in speakers. I would pressure and vacuum test, if it were me to make sure there isn't a leak. Optional, if you want to. But that is the only reason I could think of for the high speed changing. Unless, you haven't rebuilt or cleaned the carb yet. If you haven't, I would definitely open the carb and clean it with spray carb cleaner.

Also, how old is the fuel you are putting in it?

I do need to at least clean the carb. I was considering the 16$ eBay carb to just replace it. The muffler is pretty bad shape should I change it or will it make a difference? I'm using trufuel and it's not very old.

I had similar problems with my blower. It ran a little rich, therefore, I was cleaning the muffler once a year. But once I did the muffler mod, adjusted carb, and changed the spark plug I have not had problems with it. I believe the correct spark plug for yours is NGK CMR6H or the equivalent.

What kind of muffler mod did you do? Mine is all rusted up from who know what the person before me did

A lot of muffler rust because there aren't stain less steel. Just rip the cat out or punch a hole in it. I bought one of those ebay chinese carbs for my EB802 but I am not terrible impressed with it. It does work but the internal screen was not placed properly in the carb body, which would have allowed dirt into the carb. Also, a lot of flash internal. Which could break of, maybe, and create a big problem. I cleaned the factory carb, bought the small d tool and am putting it back on. The gaskets and diaphrams were good.

A lot of muffler rust because there aren't stain less steel. Just rip the cat out or punch a hole in it. I bought one of those ebay chinese carbs for my EB802 but I am not terrible impressed with it. It does work but the internal screen was not placed properly in the carb body, which would have allowed dirt into the carb. Also, a lot of flash internal. Which could break of, maybe, and create a big problem. I cleaned the factory carb, bought the small d tool and am putting it back on. The gaskets and diaphrams were good.

Alright I'll stick with original carb and just clean it real well. I may play around with the muffler and open it up a slight bit for giggles

I soaked the whole muffler in carb cleaner overnight to clean off carbon build up. I removed baffle and opened up the muffler opening at the cylinder exhaust port with a router bit to let the engine breathe better. You will need to adjust the carb as the air/fuel ratio will change once you do the mod.

I soaked the whole muffler in carb cleaner overnight to clean off carbon build up. I removed baffle and opened up the muffler opening at the cylinder exhaust port with a router bit to let the engine breathe better. You will need to adjust the carb as the air/fuel ratio will change once you do the mod.

Great I'll try that out on my next days off. Worst thing would be I have to buy another muffler if I screw it up somehow :).

I will for sure. I'm kinda having fun with it. It'll still blow alright right now. But it's not running well and I can tell it's not putting out all it's got

You'll be amazed at what a muff mod will do. The EPA has such strict regulations these days. With a little bit of tinkering, you can get your chainsaw, blower, motorcycle, etc. to run extremely better with a better flowing air filter (K&N), muff mod, carb adj., timing, etc.

You'll be amazed at what a muff mod will do. The EPA has such strict regulations these days. With a little bit of tinkering, you can get your chainsaw, blower, motorcycle, etc. to run extremely better with a better flowing air filter (K&N), muff mod, carb adj., timing, etc.

Yeh I found the tool to take the limiter caps off on eBay. I haven't become that intense yet but I'm sure I'll get there

Back