562 xp ms 362 c m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I cut 160 + cords of hardwood firewood last year. All with my 3.5 year old 445. I love that saw. The 362's I have used were not mtronic. It just went into shop for a wore out carb
I have been lookin at both saws. I have operated two different ms 362's. Of course way more powerful and fun to cut with than the 445. I have not picked up the 562 yet but am leaning towards it since my 445 has gone above and beyond the call of duty it was designed for. This is 3.5 years I have used this saw only. So with all this rambling. Who thinks which saw will be the best all around firewood saw. I have an 18" aggressive stihl chain on the 445. I cut big logs most of the time. 30" to 36". I need more reach and power than I can get with the 445. Also which length bar 20" or 24" . thanks

Okay so I believe I have become somewhat addicted to this site. Been reading for weeks about the 562. The stihl dealer in town 5 mins away offered me a 24" bar for no extra money. The husky shop is horrible here though. But there is a good reputable husky dealer about an hour away. He says he has to charge me extra for 24". I might just take the 20" on the husky though. So how do I make sure its not the el46 carb?

Okay so I believe I have become somewhat addicted to this site. Been reading for weeks about the 562. The stihl dealer in town 5 mins away offered me a 24" bar for no extra money. The husky shop is horrible here though. But there is a good reputable husky dealer about an hour away. He says he has to charge me extra for 24". I might just take the 20" on the husky though. So how do I make sure its not the el46 carb?

A few bucks cheaper for a bar isnt worth the compromise for having a good dealer.

If your a performance junkie a 562 is what you want

If you can appreciate how a saw flips up down and all around ( handling ) get a 562

A 362 c-m is a perfectly good firewood saw

Dealer support with these electronic carbs is very important ( probably more important than performance )

Buy what you want , your gonna get alot of opinions.

So what year saw will have el48? Do I have to take the cover off at the dealers shop to see or can I just check the year of the saw? Can or will a still dealer diagnosis a husky saw? Or is that blasphemy? The still dealer here is awesome I just really think I want the 562xp

I'd stick with a 20" bar on any 60cc saw for general use. The 562 carb will have the model number stamped on the side. I've run a 562 and it's a great saw, but I wouldn't go an hour each way for service/parts and wouldn't buy from a local dealer who doesn't know his stuff. The truth is that both saws are commercial-grade and will get the job done, no matter what anyone here tells you, so I'd suggest you go with better and closer dealer support.

Just noticed that you cut mostly 30-36" Ø wood; maybe you might do better with a 70cc saw...

That is a very good point. My throttle cable broke and husky dealer here in town put my 445 on a bench vise with a punch and started hammering out the trigger pin the wrong way.... My face turned red super fast. Then he says well let's try this way flips it over badly taps it and it falls out. Then installed the throttle cable in backwards. Had to come back the next day to pick up.. Never going back again. The Stihl dealer is changing my carb on my 445 Today

take the top cover off of the saw. You will see the carb. I believe the writing on the carb that you are looking for is on the bar side of it. You may have to squeeze the trigger to move the linkage in order to read it.

160 face cords I hope a 160 bush cords . that would be your full time job cutting wood . on that note seems like yours minds made up of what dealer you like . have fun be safe

Back