energy king boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allstihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I can get a energy king boiler for $800. its 3 yrs old and was installed in a shed . codes made him remove it due to the ban on owbs . its the 45EKB . is this a good deal .

Sounds like a crappy deal. Can you send me the address?

Only you can say if it's a good deal. Is it big enough for your needs? Does it look in good shape, no overburn marks above the door and rope gasket in good shape? Is it clean and look like he took care of it? Does the guy sound like he knows what he's talking about? Sometimes something that sounds too good to be true is just that. Too good to be true. $800 isn't much for a good one.

Enery king is a furnace. If there is a energy king boiler , post some pics.

Google says otherwise.

As far as the OP & a good deal or not - depends what you are looking for. $800 is likely quite a bit less than it was when new - so maybe a good deal there. We can't see its condition though, & don't know how it was operated. But are you going to have the same code issues? Also I think it is an ordinary water jacketed boiler - that can burn coal too. So if you have a coal supply - bonus there. But usually those types of boilers don't burn wood with the best of efficiency - actually, likely about the worst efficiency of wood boilers out there. Have you had & run a wood boiler before? They're different, when it comes to burning wood, being it's actually a liquid cooled firebox. Which makes dry wood, good install, & burning routine more important.

Latest posts

Back