fUgly saws pics required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugly is pretty much all I got except for my husky 61 Manhattan project and my 394 that needs a crank

All kinds of ugly
IMG_9874_crop_sm.jpg

Friend's 288.. a whole other kind of ugly... Looks a lot like the 2100's from my neighbor
20150813_220300sm.jpg

A whole pile of ugly
20150909_152935sm.jpg

Ugly but runs
IMG_9886_sm.jpg

Another truckload of ugly.. the 064 there isn't bad though, it cleaned up good and with a little port work runs nice
20151025_163201sm.jpg

And what the heck, another pile of ugly... Somehow the parts from the one red-dunk L65 found their way onto every other saw.. I've rectified that.. the ugly red one is the one that is the most ported and is a screamer :)
20150318_123816 sm.jpg

It was made in California by O&R.. and yes, it runs!
I also have a similar Husky 35 (basically a Frontier from Trail, BC).. they're about the same size, both run

Some people go to great lengths to not buy a replacement part. The guy that owns that saw can afford to buy a replacement part but would rather bandaid it than replace it.
I'm sure I differ from most, but I enjoy the challenge of making something work without buying new parts. Maybe it's the "farm boy" in me ;). That's also the reason I can't seem to throw anything away :confused:

I'm sure I differ from most, but I enjoy the challenge of making something work without buying new parts. Maybe it's the "farm boy" in me ;). That's also the reason I can't seem to throw anything away :confused:

The world needs both kinds, I like to make stuff, repair stuff and will buy a replacement part if something breaks. The lad that owns that 272 came and tried to cut with us one winter, within one week the 3 saws he owned were all broken down. That 272 needed a new carb, the metering needles would back out within 5 - 10 mins of running, and it needed a new coil plus the air deflector that was missing under that recoil. I fixed it up good enough for it to get some more cut time in, fixed his Stihl 034 recoil and fixed his 254XP all in one weekend so he could get back cutting come Monday. After one month of running that cobbled up gear he bought a new Husqvarna 455, it got him through til the end of that clearing job.

I know how that goes. I have a good running poulan 46cc with a stock 20 inch on it. Running full bar it was a pooch. So I ended up making a pipe for it vs getting a short bar chain combo.use it often and for milling slabs for benches and hasn't failed me

I know how that goes. I have a good running poulan 46cc with a stock 20 inch on it. Running full bar it was a pooch. So I ended up making a pipe for it vs getting a short bar chain combo.use it often and for milling slabs for benches and hasn't failed me
I have several saws that take a d176 mount bar and have thought about buying adapters to run a stihl 3003 mount (much easier to find) but the cheapskate side of me won't buy them, the other day I happened to find some plastic tubing that measured 8mm ID and 12mm OD, cut it about 3/16" long and presto chango I can run stihl mount bars! Life would be too boring if I bought everything I needed ;).

20151031_140104.jpg Well like my title says. "Loud pipes save lives" yeah decided to take the silencer off my Poulan and weld on a stinger. Before it sounded really nice not overly loud with a very nice chime. Now it should have the cops over a couple times due to one ***** neighbor girl that hate my saws. Well too bad for her huh20160124_131214.jpgafter

View attachment 481042 Well like my title says. "Loud pipes save lives" yeah decided to take the silencer off my Poulan and weld on a stinger. Before it sounded really nice not overly loud with a very nice chime. Now it should have the cops over a couple times due to one ***** neighbor girl that hate my saws. Well too bad for her huhView attachment 481044after
What is that pipe built for ? Looks like a premade pipe.

96ab77a70028ffdf5e8496aada36d1b1.jpg
95f94242c1611b6d4f89d2e5b21a1993.jpg

Heres my ugly duckling but she works good.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back