Is The MS441 Being Discontinued?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wonder why they dont carry a full line? there are two different/standard displays offered to deere dealers by stihl. they are both full line saws/trimmers/blowers, but are laid out a little different depending on store size.
The Bloomington store of M-S has it all, then some.
The Lexington store of M-S not so much, but they have Deere equipment out the ying yang

Admittedly some of the Deere stores have not caught to fact of the $$$ they are leaving on the table by not pushing the Stihl product. Seems some of them just carry it because they have to. We do not practice that philosophy. If there is money to be made, and something else we can put in a customers hand before he or she walks out the door, we are all about it. Profit margins are too thin these days. A store needs to move all the product they can to keep numbers up. I my opinion, Stihl has made all our stores a "one stop shop" as well as more profitable.

Admittedly some of the Deere stores have not caught to fact of the $$$ they are leaving on the table by not pushing the Stihl product. Seems some of them just carry it because they have to. We do not practice that philosophy. If there is money to be made, and something else we can put in a customers hand before he or she walks out the door, we are all about it. Profit margins are too thin these days. A store needs to move all the product they can to keep numbers up. I my opinion, Stihl has made all our stores a "one stop shop" as well as more profitable.

Too bad your up in northern Indiana, though I have driven 500+ miles to buy/sell saws

I tried to order a 441cm and was told that the product line should be updated in May. I was able to find 441cm and a 461 discounted a few bucks, is it worth waiting to see about a 442 or 462 or buy one of the discounted saws.?
I have a 361 that is being rebuilt, I run a 20" bar on it and can use that till the new saws show up if they do. I would eventually sell the 361 and keep one new saw.

I tried to order a 441cm and was told that the product line should be updated in May. I was able to find 441cm and a 461 discounted a few bucks, is it worth waiting to see about a 442 or 462 or buy one of the discounted saws.?
I have a 361 that is being rebuilt, I run a 20" bar on it and can use that till the new saws show up if they do. I would eventually sell the 361 and keep one new saw.
Don't sell the 361…

Consider a 661 :)

A 10cc overlap is too close .

20" on 60cc and 28" to 36" on 90 you can cover alot of bases

Some of those Deere dealers make so much money on the Deere line, they don't give a crap about some handheld line. A lot of them even give away Stihl equipment as an incentive or discount towards a Deere purchase. This is where it hurts the small dealer that focuses on handhelds and mowers, if they're in that area.

Some of those Deere dealers make so much money on the Deere line, they don't give a crap about some handheld line. A lot of them even give away Stihl equipment as an incentive or discount towards a Deere purchase. This is where it hurts the small dealer that focuses on handhelds and mowers, if they're in that area.
This is always my thought...why would a Deere dealer care about a 199 dollar trimmer sale when they sell a 30,000 dollar combine....

Back