Is The MS441 Being Discontinued?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think you should make sure you know what it is you are talking about, before posting it....................

What I said holds very true for John Deere dealerships in my area.

I work closely with two separate dealers with a total of 5 locations and nothing I posted is contrary from the truth for either of those dealers. Maybe the big dealerships in IN are set up different from the little guys in KY.

So they are not out of production...? So then its the 441 & 661 covering 70cc & 75cc? Then 661 at 90cc? The 461 holding down that gap between 70 and 90? That makes sense. So what will be their line up five years from now, saws derived from those three chassis?

Husqvarna looks to be evolving theirs to all be like the 550-562, only bigger. Based on the trends over that last few years, I expect to see a 70cc class saw obsolete the current two options. Maybe one of the current two will linger on made in Brazil or something like they do with the 272....

Wonder how long both manufacturers will continue producing spare parts for the current saws.

What I said holds very true for John Deere dealerships in my area.

I work closely with two separate dealers with a total of 5 locations and nothing I posted is contrary from the truth for either of those dealers. Maybe the big dealerships in IN are set up different from the little guys in KY.
alrighty then..............................what does it mean to work closely with a dealership? are you a financial consultant, an independant contractor, or what? i can assure you maybe other than size or volume, KY dealers work on the same playing field as IN. dealers. they go to the same dealer and sales meetings as we do. what store(s)are you talking about specifically?

alrighty then..............................what does it mean to work closely with a dealership? are you a financial consultant, an independant contractor, or what? i can assure you maybe other than size or volume, KY dealers work on the same playing field as IN. dealers. they go to the same dealer and sales meetings as we do. what store(s)are you talking about specifically?

I work for a financial institution that provides a financing option to these dealer's customers. For that reason I'm not going name my customers on a public forum.

I can assure you that both owners and their partners make more net income from parts and service than new equipment sales. And I have financed enough new and used combines to guarantee the deals I have been involved in exceed a $30,000 average.

I work for a financial institution that provides a financing option to these dealer's customers. For that reason I'm not going name my customers on a public forum.

I can assure you that both owners and their partners make more net income from parts and service than new equipment sales. And I have financed enough new and used combines to guarantee the deals I have been involved in exceed a $30,000 average.
Please read my.previous posts in this thread, as all this has been covered. And since you seem to know nothing about the equipment of which you speak, you can't even buy a corn head for a combine for 30k. You can stop digging now, Back to chainsaws.........

So how boutt dat 441?

I am looking for a one saw plan right now and a ported 441 with a 20" and 28" bar sounds like just the answer. Then maybe a smaller kick around saw again in the future (IE: 241cm/261cm) for when I am feeling lazy and don't want to lug the 441 around.

This will be my first Stihl actually! I am a sucker for German quality control. If you are into handguns and have seen the recent QC issues many manufacturers have been having lately, you know what I am talking about. H&K has never had any issues. Just sayin...

You for got another 0
Ok ok!!! You're the third guy to tell me that!!! Hahahaha!! ...I don't work for a Deere dealer and have never priced a combine in my life...ever. Obviously. I chose a number that I thought to be a large one. You guys are tough...gotta do your homework up in this mug. Oh...and if I try to order a 441 it will back order. Carry on my wayward sons. :rock:

So how boutt dat 441?

I am looking for a one saw plan right now and a ported 441 with a 20" and 28" bar sounds like just the answer. Then maybe a smaller kick around saw again in the future (IE: 241cm/261cm) for when I am feeling lazy and don't want to lug the 441 around.

This will be my first Stihl actually! I am a sucker for German quality control. If you are into handguns and have seen the recent QC issues many manufacturers have been having lately, you know what I am talking about. H&K has never had any issues. Just sayin...

You must have watched the drama around Ruger's little SR22 and the Spring Field Armory's recall on all their XDS series.... and.. yea. I get it. I think 441's had their teething issues though didn't they? Or was that just a bad rumor passed around by jealous Husqvarna types... :)

[QUOT E="weimedog, post: 5303147, member: 4400"]You must have watched the drama around Ruger's little SR22 and the Spring Field Armory's recall on all their XDS series.... and.. yea. I get it. I think 441's had their teething issues though didn't they? Or was that just a bad rumor passed around by jealous Husqvarna types... :)[/QUOTE]

Other than not being able to tune them with a screwdriver, the only negative I heard about them was due to mass, not runability.

[QUOT E="weimedog, post: 5303147, member: 4400"]You must have watched the drama around Ruger's little SR22 and the Spring Field Armory's recall on all their XDS series.... and.. yea. I get it. I think 441's had their teething issues though didn't they? Or was that just a bad rumor passed around by jealous Husqvarna types... :)

Other than not being able to tune them with a screwdriver, the only negative I heard about them was due to mass, not runability.[/QUOTE]
I know they had a run of poor cranks on the first 441s before the m tronic . My dealer still has a few in boxes that Stihl had him give the customer a new saw

Sent from my phone when I should be working

Other than not being able to tune them with a screwdriver, the only negative I heard about them was due to mass, not runability.
I know they had a run of poor cranks on the first 441s before the m tronic . My dealer still has a few in boxes that Stihl had him give the customer a new saw

Sent from my phone when I should be working[/QUOTE]
I was referring to the M Tronic saws.

Stihl Australia stopped importing / stocking MS441 saws in March 2015 with the normal procedure of not telling anyone so the model can be cleared from retailers.
Why? The MS461 has an excellent reputation, more power, same weight and was almost the same price, so simply hardly anyone brought the MS441's in Australia. Stihl AU has kept the old Brizilan made MS381 model in it's product line to fill the MS441 gap.
I've noticed that the MS441 has disappeared from the major Stihl dealer websites in the USA and you just would not do that if the saw is just out of stock.
Personally I'm expecting a completely new model to replace MS381/MS441 and possibly MS461 at the start of next year, there is a picture of it on another forum.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/attachments/11650969_1600864640194309_926325954_n-jpg.436471/

I'm NOT a Stihl expert by any stretch. It seems I remember a "re" release of a MS440 inspired saw in different global markets. That along with the MS460/461 puts Stihl in a similar situation Husqvarna is with a crowded field in that 70-75 class of saws. And the MS441 doesn't have as much in common with either the 460 or 440's. But the Husqvarna 576 is a bit on an odd ball too compared to the other current "Husqvarna" saws, so who knows. Only the Stihl marketing planners I guess. From the outside looking in, I happen to like those 441's, regardless of their weight. Might have one before the end of next year...if all goes well.

Since the 441 is still in the USA's line up maybe all those that were headed to Aus are now headed here...:)

(Love the "Air Filtration" graphic....familiar to Husqvarna types and Jonsered before Husqvarna's)

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/professional-saws/ms441cm/

A "441" "461" (both of which I own) would be awesome. 77cc of suspension, fuel mileage, air filtration, etc. would be a great saw. I have my order sitting at the Dealer right now. Just hope it isn't too late in coming.

Latest posts

Back