Is The MS441 Being Discontinued?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm NOT a Stihl expert by any stretch. It seems I remember a "re" release of a MS440 inspired saw in different global markets. That along with the MS460/461 puts Stihl in a similar situation Husqvarna is with a crowded field in that 70-75 class of saws. And the MS441 doesn't have as much in common with either the 460 or 440's. But the Husqvarna 576 is a bit on an odd ball too compared to the other current "Husqvarna" saws, so who knows. Only the Stihl marketing planners I guess. From the outside looking in, I happen to like those 441's, regardless of their weight. Might have one before the end of next year...if all goes well.

Since the 441 is still in the USA's line up maybe all those that were headed to Aus are now headed here...:)

(Love the "Air Filtration" graphic....familiar to Husqvarna types and Jonsered before Husqvarna's)

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/professional-saws/ms441cm/

I went to buy a MS441 in August and there was none to be found. Stihl AU STILL had the saw listed on their website. I contacted Stihl directly and this is how I found out that they stopped stocking the saw back in March.
I'm checking out the USA Stihl DEALER websites and the saw has been removed from the product line up and I don't recon they would do that for a prod delay: https://treestuff.stihldealer.net/products/chain-saws/professional-saws/
https://andersonmower.stihldealer.net/products/chain-saws/professional-saws/
I'm not expecting Stihl to give any information until around March time when they generally release updated models. "I normally try and get the first one out the door"

Christopher,

We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail. The MS441RCM is still being offered but is not currently available; it is expected to be back in stock in April. Production of the MS441 series was halted due to an issue with the production process; production has restarted.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Best regards,

C.M. Peavler

Technical Advisor

STIHL Inc.

i emailed stihl usa last night:)
Production process, hmm:baba:
Then whydid they come and yank them off the dealers shelf to send back to germany:wtf:

Technically speaking it says 441 C-M and C-MQ but maybe C-MR is still around?

MS 441 C-M & C-MQ MAGNUM®
DISCONTINUED
ms441discontinued.png

Update, here is a reply from Stihl USA today about 441 and 461:

The MS441C M has not been discontinued. It is temporarily on hold at the production level by our founding company in Germany, where it is produced. The tentative re-release of this chainsaw to the U.S. market is scheduled for January of 2017.

There are no plans to release an MS461 chainsaw with M-Tronic technology, though there are plans to release a similar chainsaw with a different designation. So far, we have not been informed by our founding company of the new designation or release date.

Wow, good stuff, thanks.

I can not imagine the 441 being out of production for this long w/o changes similar to the new 261/362 (a lighter saw).

Also, I can not imagine them releasing another saw in the 461 size range w/o discontinuing the 461. Although, perhaps the 461 Rescue will remain in production.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I think the new Husky 572 is out and will be at the Upstate NY GTG.

Wow, good stuff, thanks.

I can not imagine the 441 being out of production for this long w/o changes similar to the new 261/362 (a lighter saw).

Also, I can not imagine them releasing another saw in the 461 size range w/o discontinuing the 461. Although, perhaps the 461 Rescue will remain in production.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I think the new Husky 572 is out and will be at the Upstate NY GTG.
Any pics or info on the Husqvarna 572? The internet has nothing yet.

Yep, it disappeared in the USA listing also.

But hey, what the heck it a 381??? We don't have that here! (Nothing of that size). Wonder if that will be the size of the replacement?
i think that one is made in Brazil.. real old school that model and i am sure when the new 70cc saw coming out, it might disappear.

Yep, it disappeared in the USA listing also.

But hey, what the heck it a 381??? We don't have that here! (Nothing of that size). Wonder if that will be the size of the replacement?

The 038 continued to be updated in other parts of the world: I believe that is a Brazilian Made Series.

Back