Is The MS441 Being Discontinued?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am leaning towards the 461, but still curious what will come out from Stihl. Ran my buddies 441cm, nice saw in between, but the jump to 461 is a better step up.

Some of those Deere dealers make so much money on the Deere line, they don't give a crap about some handheld line. A lot of them even give away Stihl equipment as an incentive or discount towards a Deere purchase. This is where it hurts the small dealer that focuses on handhelds and mowers, if they're in that area.
profit margins on Deere equipment is as slim as ever these days. Its not like the old days, you have to be able to stay very competitive, as there is zero loyalty. Retail on a large combine with both heads, is upwards of 600000.00. Parts and service is where 80% of the profit comes from, definitely NOT sales. If you come into one of our stores you are treated with the same respect if you are buying a 6 pack of Stihl ultra or a 300000.00 tractor. If one of my employees sees or handles it differently, he won't work here long.

Trust me, there has been a saw or blower thrown in a deal occasionally. but if you really think the customer is getting it free, think again. One way or another they pay for it. Not too hard to bury a 600.00 chainsaw in a 500000.00 deal.

Stihl probably hasnt recouped ROI on the 441 yet. You have to remember that first it was the first strato saw for Stihl and it got recalled for some reason. That makes the saw expensive in R&D cost and warranty cost. I figure the saw has a 3-5 more years of production, depending on emissions and competition.

Stihl probably hasnt recouped ROI on the 441 yet. You have to remember that first it was the first strato saw for Stihl and it got recalled for some reason. That makes the saw expensive in R&D cost and warranty cost. I figure the saw has a 3-5 more years of production, depending on emissions and competition.
????

I want to hear more.

What model years were "recalled" & for what?

One thing one has to remember when considering profit from a half million dollar piece of farm equipment vs a $500 chainsaw...
Look at McDonalds, what's the most expensive thing they sell? Five bucks? Volume. That needs to be considered. Not every farmer has a high dollar combine but you'll find very few without chainsaws or other handheld equipment. So if you can sell some people small items that keep them coming into the store for mix oil, chains, trimmer line, gloves, whatever, they're walking by those machines and implements and pretty soon they NEED one. It's basic marketing.

This is always my thought...why would a Deere dealer care about a 199 dollar trimmer sale when they sell a 30,000 dollar combine....

Combines fetch far more than $30,000 on average, specifically new combines.

New equipment sales have extremely small margins. And worse yet is John Deere Financial is full recourse financing for the dealer.

Far and away dealers make their money on parts and service. Most small to medium dealers only sell equipment because they have to in order to be an authorized service center.

So is it for real the 441 is going away?? Always wondered where it was headed as Stihl has the MS440, MS460,and HAD the MS441. Husqvarna has a similar dilemma with the 372XP and 576XP. Is the MS461 going to also compete with MS440 sales? What is the price difference? How about weight?

SO..... 440,460,441 are gone. 461 is the saw being sold for that size.....anything else on the horizon?? Or is that 461 going to carry the water for the foreseeable future?? Having ONE saw cover that 70 cc market will certainly make things easier to support for the dealers.

Combines fetch far more than $30,000 on average, specifically new combines.

New equipment sales have extremely small margins. And worse yet is John Deere Financial is full recourse financing for the dealer.

Far and away dealers make their money on parts and service. Most small to medium dealers only sell equipment because they have to in order to be an authorized service center.
What????

If they put a good AV and m tronic on the 461 platform there would need to be a wide price difference to justify a 441

Sent from my phone when I should be working

SO..... 440,460,441 are gone. 461 is the saw being sold for that size.....anything else on the horizon?? Or is that 461 going to carry the water for the foreseeable future?? Having ONE saw cover that 70 cc market will certainly make things easier to support for the dealers.
The 441 is not gone. Maybe from some distributors, but not gone.

Latest posts

Back