making of a pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the cig in mouth works for PPE haha. "I'm filtering the air through a cig, got my safety squints on and doubled up on the condoms"

You weld that up with oxy/acy?

Elaborate a little on where you got the dimensions for the templates??

That is some pretty impressive craftsmanship. And a lot of work!
Pretty cool. Mind explaining how and why an expansion chamber improves performance.

I gotta be more careful of what I post. yalls makin me type. I don't like to type.:badpc::dumb2:

i'll give ya a basic rundown of what I know.

the pipe creates a vacuum that helps draw the fresh charge into the cylinder, and the pipe. a sound wave pushes the fuel in the pipe back into the cylinder after the transfer port closes, before the exhaust port is closed. the center line length of the pipe determines the rpm this happens. long pipe, low rpm. short pipe, high rpm. a small belly in the pipe gives a wider power band. a larger belly gives a narrow power band and higher peek power. smaller stinger diameter make more power but more heat as well.

I don't know mutch about cone angles. my software takes care of that for me.

clear as mud eh

I gotta be more careful of what I post. yalls makin me type. I don't like to type.:badpc::dumb2:

i'll give ya a basic rundown of what I know.

the pipe creates a vacuum that helps draw the fresh charge into the cylinder, and the pipe. a sound wave pushes the fuel in the pipe back into the cylinder after the transfer port closes, before the exhaust port is closed. the center line length of the pipe determines the rpm this happens. long pipe, low rpm. short pipe, high rpm. a small belly in the pipe gives a wider power band. a larger belly gives a narrow power band and higher peek power. smaller stinger diameter make more power but more heat as well.

I don't know mutch about cone angles. my software takes care of that for me.

clear as mud eh
Fascinating! Thank you for your explanation.

I'm a gunna be hittin u up TM when I get around to buildin my pipped 066.

What timing numbers did you use?

And is that Teds magical cylinder?

Latest posts

Back