McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 250 IPL lists the tank gasket as 50034B. I was just looking at a gasket that says it is for a 250 and does look identical but it is listed as 65580. Is this the same gasket and if so, why the discrepancy?

Because its a McCulloch, no other reason given or needed.
I don't know if its the same gasket, sometimes they started making them or buying them from something or someplace else. It can be that simple or complicated, depending on/if you can still get the part. Seems you have one, so you are good to go.
I think.

No, don't have it. Was looking online to buy one and didn't want to end up with a gasket I can't use.

Make your own. Razor blade, roll of gasket material, and a leather hole punch... takes a few minutes, but worth it.

Or use Motoseal or whatever.

McCulloch 1-43

I have a 1-40 and a 1-42, neither of them have anything like that. Wonder if it's an add-on..

I guess it it might an add-on but sure looks OEM to me. Could be it didn't work well or vibrated to pieces which might explain why some of the parts are missing. Guess I'll wait till someone comes along who might have seen this before.

Started to tackle cleaning up the 1-43 (S/N C2767). First thing I ran into was a bracket/lever mounted inside the airbox. There's a rubber grommet through the air box and a cable/hose clamp screwed to the outside of the airbox. The IPL I have doesn't show the arrangement/part but I suspect it is a fast idle device. Have attached some photos and would appreciate some help in identifying. An IPL showing the arrangement would be nice. Thanks in advance.View attachment 187966View attachment 187967

Goball - I would guess that is the throttle linkage for use when the saw engine was used to power a brush cutter. I don't have the IPL's in electronic format to confirm, and I won't be home again for a few days to check it out but I am going to say that power head was once used as a brush cutter.

Wendell - The gaskets should be the same, McCulloch liked to update part numbers from time to time, gues they had new Engineers in charge of their schemes that wanted to make things their own way.

Mark

Last edited:
Check out my thread in the reg. forum. I've a pic of the Homelite/Mac parts I found & bought yesterday along with some part numbers. I'd like to I.D. these things if possible.

Need some pix here ....

Yes, I know about the difficulties posting pix here ..... :laugh:

Can someone post some pix of a Mac 1-62 here, please?

Also any 'oddball' info (if any is available) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes, I know about the difficulties posting pix here ..... :laugh:

Can someone post some pix of a Mac 1-62 here, please?

Also any 'oddball' info (if any is available) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I posted this about 23 pages back a few weeks ago.

McCulloch 1-62 gear drive Bow saw.

cut1270.jpg

cut1275.jpg

cut1278.jpg

cut1276.jpg

cut1277.jpg

:biggrin:

try this with the pics... click the Image icon, as usual... click the FROM URL at the top... copy/paste as usual... uncheck the box next to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"... voila (hopefully)

Yeah, I couldn't get it to work until I unchecked the box you mentioned. I also tried it without clicking on the URL button, didn't work either. But with you guys help I finally got it...until they change something again!

A far easier way to post a pic is by using [im g]image url [/ img]

Just do that, faster with enough practice and definitely more likely that your image will actually show up.

I left spaces inside the brackets because it will only show up as text that way... when you go to post your pic, leave no spaces...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back