New Dolmar 60cc strato saw, PS 6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoMax

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Seems that nobody is talking about the new Dolmar PS 6100...well, let's do :laugh:
It has 59cc, 4.6 Hp and weighs 5.9 Kg or about 13 lbs, and it's a true strato saw !
Dolmar PS 6100 • Motorsägen-Portal
The price tag in the pic says 779 Euro; a Stihl MS 362 and Husqvarna 560XP are listed at a bit more than 1000 Euro here...:cool2:
Max

Looks cool for a strato... Air filter looks adequate but what do we know till we run the saw...? Stratos from what I hear are a PITA to do port work on.

The styling looks like they mixed the old 6800i/9010 "box" style with the "aero" design of the 6400-7900 and kicked out the 6100.

Seems like a direct contender with the ms362 for saws that need to meet US emission requirements.

6100 = 3.4 kw ~ 4.56 hp, 13lbs, 59cc
ms362 = 3.4Lw ~4.56 hp, 13lbs, 59cc

But look at the older stihl models. both 12.25-12.5lbs, 59-60cc
ms360 = 4.5 hp
ms361 = 4.6 hp (or 5hp with muffler and carb tweak)

Which would you rather have??? an older, lighter saw that has potential to be ported for more power or the newer heavier saw that seems power potential is more limited?

Where is dolmar with warrenty of their saws now b/c I know professional use on Stihl chainsaws just got cut to 90days!

And honestly why would Dolmar make another 60cc (ish) saw to contend with their 6400 which has a time tested proven platform?!?!?!? The 6400 already passes us emissions so why make another 60cc to release here? The market is already saturated with good/great 60cc saws... I would think their best move would be to make a 90-95cc to compete with the ms660 and 394/395 saws since thier 9010 was outlawed from the states for not passing EPA emissions...
just my 2cents...

Last edited:
The 6100 will be on sale in Germany in spring 2013 :msp_thumbup:
According to the specs and what I've heard of people running it, it can easily compete with the 362. The 560XP is a thing that must be kind of out of space...a saw that is just years ahead. Though, the price of the Dolmar is reall, really good, and if you don't need Rev Boost for limbing, it's a strong, light 60cc class saw.
I don't know much about US emissions, but in europe they had to put a CAT on it (edit: On the 6400, 7300 and 7900). The 7910 got heavier andless hp, so it's not that interesting any more. The 6400 was basicaly the same saw as the 7900, same weight. That saw is useless...
The 6100 is 0,7 Kg lighter.
Max

Last edited:
According to the specs and what I've heard of people running it, it can easily compete with the 362. The 560XP is a thing that must be kind of out of space...but the price of the Dolmar is really really good, and if you don't need Rec Boost, the Dolmar could do the Job.
I don't know much about US emissions, but in europe they had to put a CAT on it. The 7910 got heavier andless hp, so it's not that interesting any more. The 6400 was basicaly the same saw as the 7900, same weight. That saw is useless...
Max

The top cover looks like it was designed over the course of a lunch break

well, i like the design ! What i don't like is that they don't used snappers (how do you call Schnellverschlüsse ? :laugh:) on the cover.

According to the specs and what I've heard of people running it, it can easily compete with the 362. The 560XP is a thing that must be kind of out of space...a saw that is just years ahead. Though, the price of the Dolmar is reall, really good, and if you don't need Rev Boost for limbing, it's a strong, light 60cc class saw.
I don't know much about US emissions, but in europe they had to put a CAT on it. The 7910 got heavier andless hp, so it's not that interesting any more. The 6400 was basicaly the same saw as the 7900, same weight. That saw is useless...
Max
...but still among the heavier 60cc saws....

"Schnellverschlüsse" :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm gonna start calling them exactly that.

"Snap Latch" just lacks the same panache.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Hi,
Seems that nobody is talking about the new Dolmar PS 6100...well, let's do :laugh:
It has 59cc, 4.6 Hp and weighs 5.9 Kg or about 13 lbs, and it's a true strato saw !
The price tag in the pic says 779 Euro; a Stihl MS 362 and Husqvarna 560XP are listed at a bit more than 1000 Euro here...:cool2:
Max

man that thing is butt ugly , nice air filter but

Hi,
Max

Max, thanks for the thread, especially the link :msp_thumbup:.

Hopefully Dolmar will stick with that pricing. I know nothing about the European market, but something tells me that Dolmar will need a pricing advantage to get the attention of Stihl & Husqvarna users.

Dolmars marketing in germany and liekely the rest of europe is beneath contempt. Service sometimes also, plus they ruined the reputation they once had with ugly and cheaply made homeowener saws like the PS 34 they sold in hardware stores. I've run (tested) 115, 7900, 4600 Speed and 5105 that ran better than any Stihl in their class or were, like the 7900, at least a lot lighter than a MS 460 whith similar performance and better handling. Husqvarna 353 and Dolmar 5105 cost less than 2/3 of a stihl 261 and still less than a 251 plastic saw. The 115 is still sold (they still can, because they sell than 500 units per year so that it does not have to pass the emissions !) and even cheaper...
Stihl dealers often doen't even allow discount on privats. People (privats) who just want the best product move to Stihl and pay list prices.
On many exhibitions, Stihl and Husqvarna have huge stands and Dolmar isn't even there. Just SOLO is even worse in that way, and they also make good saws...

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant the 6400, 7300 and 7900. I screwed up the post a little bit editing some mistakes. Hard enough to write in english...
The 7900 an little sisters got a CAT and SLR (scavenging loss reduction) which increases weight and brings lower Hp. That makes the 6400even more useless. They were sold with huge discount here...
The 6100 is a strato without CAT and with 13lbs, weight is at least OK. The 560 XP is not comparable, no no...:msp_tongue:

Last edited:
It's a strato, and it still needs a cat muffler? I don't get it. :confused2:

Yeah I don't know that I'm a big fan on the styling of the saw but if it performs better and is lighter in the 60cc class I will over look the styling issues.

Even if a muff mod and carb tune gets this 6100 to 5hp; it will still be heavy for 60cc. Don't care if the 7910 is less powerful and more weight than the 7900... I'd still be inclined to buy a 6400 even if it's heavier than the 6100... At least the 6400 has upgrade potential to 79cc and porting capability since it's not a strato...

In fact i hope people start dropping their 6400 saws for the 6100... I'd love to buy them cheap and make 7900 saws out of them!!! :kilt:

The 7900 an little sisters got a CAT and SLR (scavenging loss reduction) which increases weight and brings lower Hp. That makes the 6400even more useless. They were sold with huge discount here...
The 6100 is a strato without CAT and with 13lbs, weight is at least OK. The 560 XP is not comparable, no no...:msp_tongue:

SLR and CAT are easy enough to get rid of reducing the weight and increasing the power...

14.1 lbs = 7900 79cc
13.1 lbs = 6100 59cc

I'd add a 1 lb for 20 cc's...

Wish I could get my hands on some of those discounted 6400-7900's!!!!!

don't get me wrong, the 7900 is just genious ! A bit ugly and even more with dogs...but the saw itself :rock: The 6400 not, it's same weight with much less power, no need for such a saw...unless it's sold cheap.

Latest posts

Back