Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang that suck's was hoping the coil would have ya good to go.Are the magnet's clean on the flywheel,maybe reed or pulse hole.Probably not much help but i'm sure the expert's will chime in.

Traded for a couple poulan pro 4218's today. Started on one of them checking fuel lines, etc. The purge lines are typical 3/32 x 3/16, but the fuel line seems slightly larger. Anyone know the I.d. and o.d. for this line? I tried the metric fuel line I keep for Stihl saws, but it's loose on the carb. nipple. Any help is appreciated.

I managed to patch together parts from a Craftsman 2.1 PS and 2.3 to make a runner. Rebuilt the oil pump diaphragm following Randy's (Hotshot) ideas. Pressed/punched it back together with sockets supporting the caps/pintle. Used a dab of JB weld on the outside button. New cover and case gaskets made. Oils unbelievably well and holds a steady idle. Had to go over the points and run a new high tension wire.

Saw runs well on the 2.1 cylinder and piston. It had an Oregon rim set-up running 3/8-7. I swapped it back to the 6 pin spur.

Not pretty, but it runs decent.

Craftsman 2.1 PS 1.jpg Craftsman 2.1 PS 2.jpg Craftsman 2.1 PS 3.jpg

I managed to patch together parts from a Craftsman 2.1 PS and 2.3 to make a runner. Rebuilt the oil pump diaphragm following Randy's (Hotshot) ideas. Pressed/punched it back together with sockets supporting the caps/pintle. Used a dab of JB weld on the outside button. New cover and case gaskets made. Oils unbelievably well and holds a steady idle. Had to go over the points and run a new high tension wire.

Saw runs well on the 2.1 cylinder and piston. It had an Oregon rim set-up running 3/8-7. I swapped it back to the 6 pin spur.

Not pretty, but it runs decent.

View attachment 516893 View attachment 516894 View attachment 516895
My favorite top handle for sure

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Traded for a couple poulan pro 4218's today. Started on one of them checking fuel lines, etc. The purge lines are typical 3/32 x 3/16, but the fuel line seems slightly larger. Anyone know the I.d. and o.d. for this line? I tried the metric fuel line I keep for Stihl saws, but it's loose on the carb. nipple. Any help is appreciated.
lines.JPGT
This should help

What Mark needs now is a Wildthing(ish) project to beat on.[emoji48]
b6c86bdb1d757b06d0852b83808d4635.jpg

I have been running the 3700 all week (thanks again Modified Mark) and may have trouble going by to my favorite McCulloch 7-10 one day. Only issue has been the primary wire rubbing on the flywheel causing an intermittent miss. I patched it once with tape, then finally took it down far enough to put two layers of heat shrink tube over the whole wire and really tuck it away to try and keep it from the flywheel.

One question for those with experience; should the flywheel just lift off once the nut is removed, or do you normally need to use a puller. This one seems a bit loose and comes right off once the nut is off.

Mark

Latest posts

Back