Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a great GTG! Even Mark H (Mr McCulloch) bought a few Poulan's after the GTG. I won't forget picking up the hot muffler bolts from that PP Partner of yours.

View attachment 559341
If that is Mark's 5400, it's a Poulan. converter for sure. The guy who built it, might had known sumfin about sawrs. The man with it now certainly does.

Pretty sure the one in the pic is Modified Mark's 5200 unless it's a 5400 with a 5200 top cover on it. Mark H did end up buying a nice 5400.

The 85 cc versions are a "put a smile on your face saws".

The 5200 is a little lighter than the other two I think. Likely because of the larger fuel tank on the 5400 and the 8500.

When I seen the pic of these NOS poulan pro clutch covers I said to myself. These are going to be the metal ones. I had only seen the front side not the back. But if you look at the difference of the bar stud area you can see the difference in these and the plastic normal covers we see.

415-505

ppmetal505covers 002.JPG ppmetal505covers 004.JPG

Pretty sure the one in the pic is Modified Mark's 5200 unless it's a 5400 with a 5200 top cover on it. Mark H did end up buying a nice 5400.

The 85 cc versions are a "put a smile on your face saws".

The 5200 is a little lighter than the other two I think. Likely because of the larger fuel tank on the 5400 and the 8500.

Yep, that was my 5200. It was a nice day too!

Back