Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, surely they pulled out the old broken off bolt tip end when they ground out the slot to fill weld it.

Do you need me to make you a custom exhaust gasket out of Felpro 3009 for that? as the IPL doesn't show one...

View attachment 556086

View attachment 556087

What tools do you use to cut that felpro 3009 gasket material out?

My 3800 came with the loose bar stud. The front stud is in the oil tank and there is a bulge in the oil tank which makes getting it back in a pain. That and all the oil residue would make using a sealant, etc dicey. Did a pressure test and the intake adaptor is leaking. Think there is a crack in it. Consequently, if I have to remove the cylinder I may as well go whole hog and split the case. That way I can cleanup the oil tank and replace the stud.

The guy said he didn't use it much, it needs a few things like a chainbrake assembly and chain tensioner, and the regular stuff, but I'm ready to get it going, the compression is a lot higher than any Saw I currently own.

What tools do you use to cut that felpro 3009 gasket material out?
A Dremel with cut off wheels for the exhaust port opening & then debur bits for opening & smoothing out the bolt holes after drilling.

It's a nigtmare both time wise & dust **** flying around compared to punching holes in Nitrile & gasket material with a C.S. Osborne hand punch...but well worth it for these old saws.

I use the SM shear at work for blanking out the rough sizes, but a guy could cut it with heavy shears or tin snips, then bend it back straight on the edges.

A Dremel with cut off wheels for the exhaust port opening & then debur bits for opening & smoothing out the holes after drilling.

It's a nigtmare both time wise & dust **** flying around compared to punching holes in Nitrile & gasket material with a CS Osborne...but worth it for these old saws.

I use the SM shear at work for blanking out the rough sizes, but a guy could cut it with heavy shears or tin snips, then bend it back straight on the edges.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. The old Homelites and the 10 series MAC's will use them. I bought a sheet.

Metal side to the muffler?

Yes Sir Tim, metal to the muff. They claim the exhaust manifold, or muffler in our case, will expand & contract better on the metal surface.

Hung about a dozen Super 25 series like bats in the garage so they won't reproduce, stack 'em together & they just make more LOL. All those little trim saws are great runners!

I swear I don't have small Poulan CAD!

IMG_1469.JPG

Yes Sir Tim, metal to the muff. They claim the exhaust manifold, or muffler in our case, will expand & contract better on the metal surface.

Hung about a dozen Super 25 series like bats in the garage so they won't reproduce, stack 'em together & they just make more LOL. All those little trim saws are great runners!

View attachment 558872

Thats cool. :bowdown:

Tired of mine taking up shelf space. :confused:

View attachment 558872

Nice and neat. Looks more like a meat locker than it does a bat cave.

Latest posts

Back