Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. I've begun working on some of my Poulans as we head towards fall and have a few questions. I want to replace the oiler on my 8500 with the one I located earlier this year, and need to order the correct clutch removal tool. Does anyone know what part number I need to buy? I'm also working on a 4000 that's nice with the exception of the top handle. The spongy grip material was basically destroyed and I'd like to replace it (the grip material) or the entire handle with a nicer one. I hope I'm making sense when I say spongy material, as it's cushiony and comfortable. Thoughts or recommendations? Have a great weekend, Max.

Can't help with the 8500 but the soft top handle for the 4000 is somewhat scarce. The normal handle can be had fairly easily on EBay. You may want to do a search. Maybe a soft one will come up. Actually the regular handles aren't that bad.

Having been a smartazz, the clutch removal tool is PN 31004 which might be listed as 530031004. The repair manual does state that a punch as Bob and Steve said above is fine as well. LH thread so remove clockwise.

If you are in need of a repair manual for the 4000 or the 8500 just PM me.

Tim, thanks for the part number, I appreciate it.. I going to try the brass punch method and buy the clutch removal tool if I need to. Message received on the LH thread. thanks again, Max.

Back