Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on a carb from a poulan 3.7. Is this how the lever should be? When i push on the lever it doesnt move the pin that lets fuel flow. Do i need to bend the lever up more?

Hi Ginger,

On the Walbro HDB's, the metering lever needs to be level with the carb body top, not the floor well of the metering side

upload_2017-8-7_21-49-49.png

Hi Ginger,

On the Walbro HDB's, the metering lever needs to be level with the carb body top, not the floor well of the metering side

View attachment 595048

Thank you. Im going to slap a new carb kit in and then set the level. I tried it on this one and it still doesnt lift the pin but maybe half a milimeter if that. Maybe this is why ive been having trouble getting the saw to run.

Thank you. Im going to slap a new carb kit in and then set the level. I tried it on this one and it still doesnt lift the pin but maybe half a milimeter if that. Maybe this is why ive been having trouble getting the saw to run.

There are two gaskets in the HDB kits for the metering plate. Make sure you get the right one in there or it won't run worth crap, if at all.

Working on a carb from a poulan 3.7. Is this how the lever should be? When i push on the lever it doesnt move the pin that lets fuel flow. Do i need to bend the lever up more?
LOOKS LOW. The metering lever should be even with the carb body. Set a straight edge across the carb and set the lever so it barely touches the straight edge. The lever doesn't have to move very much to raise the needle. In fact it shoudn't move as much as you would think.

Which one do i need?

You should be able to match up the gasket from the existing one under the cicuit plate. Short of that, one should notice when they are in place, the circuit channels are contained underneath the gasket. You do not want a channel to cross (perpendicularly) an open area that has been punched out in the gasket.

Unlike other kits where the metering lever and pin can be replaced, this is not the case on the HDB plate. Those plates are NLA. Go easy when adjusting the lever. BTDT.

You should be able to match up the gasket from the existing one under the cicuit plate. Short of that, one should notice when they are in place, the circuit channels are contained underneath the gasket. You do not want a channel to cross (perpendicularly) an open area that has been punched out in the gasket.

Unlike other kits where the metering lever and pin can be replaced, this is not the case on the HDB plate. Those plates are NLA. Go easy when adjusting the lever. BTDT.
You sure? I've replaced both the pin and lever on the HDB. The kit provides both.

d8d7fe1c841dd9de1a857b49aacec908.jpg

Did Poulan sell any remanufactured cylinders? Did someone else sell them? Could it really be nos?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back