Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being same cc, wonder if p/c could be swapped over.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

You should be able to swap the 285, 305, 3000 and 335 piston and cylinders over. No mix and match on the pistons. One must be chome and the other aluminum unless you want a one cut wonder.

I have a nice 2800 but haven't got round to running it in wood. I have a bunch of those fixed up and never cut with saws.

Trying to upload a video but it keeps saying too large. Pretty soon its going to be too short to have the sound in it :laugh:

I've got a 2800, thought about doing a p/c swap on it years ago but never did. Talking about none plated piston in a unplated cylinder, got screwed on a a.m. piston on my 3400, supposed to have been chrome plated, after a couple of tanks the piston and cylinder were toasted. I was peed. Only reason I found the problem, I was taking the muffler off to fix someone's mm. I took the piston and buffed the shinny parts left on the piston and I scratched it, with a buffing pad.

I do 3 revs to get it going and then that hicup after the revs, the issues seems to be getting better? But it dies after full throttle and then letting off, I didnt hit the kill switch at the end, it just shut off.

Yes i tested like a cross cut. Flywheel down, clutch up the saws idle slowed. Clutch down flywheel up it stayed the same. Maybe maybe sped up a tad and i mean tad. Crank seals were replaced.

That was my a.m. supposedly Chrome plated piston, learned my lesson.
7024c916b4c3d0a7721e3811625464f4.jpg

Might want to pressure and vacuum test your motor to make sure you don't have any leaks, especially at the clutch side seal. If you have a leak, kind of hard to adjust out with the carb. Also make sure the carb adapter isn't leaking also.

I'll have to look at renting a pressure tester. Harbor freight wanted too much last I was there. Guess I'll put the saw on the back burner for now.

Latest posts

Back