Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in need of a muffler and a recoil starter cover for a PL/SL-4, PL-5 or SL-11.

Check your junk pile.

Also I want to find a 'high performance' muffler cover for a PL/SL-55 like this.
67e3d9f9a13fb319d8aee3905d642d66.jpg
Are you still looking for a recoil cover? I have two I will part with. One complete working, one is cover only. I don't have the muffler. I only have the skinny stack muffler.

Trying to identify an old chainsaw that looks a lot like a Remmington SL-7. Orange body and white top cover and white clutch cover. There is a unique looking yin yang style decal or painted image on the clutch cover. Looks like two whales head to tail. I looked on acresinternet and found lots of close ones but not this particular model. Anybody got one or remember it?

Trying to identify an old chainsaw that looks a lot like a Remmington SL-7. Orange body and white top cover and white clutch cover. There is a unique looking yin yang style decal or painted image on the clutch cover. Looks like two whales head to tail. I looked on acresinternet and found lots of close ones but not this particular model. Anybody got one or remember it?
Orange and white sounds like it might be the Montgomery Wards version of a Remington saw.
Are there any tags at all on it?

Need pics to identify...

Went swimming with my flip phone and finally broke down and got a smart one. Pretty much hate it but posting a pic was super easy compared to using a computer to do it.

Thanks, that is it, or something very similar. If I am able to lay hands on it I will post some pics. It is one of the TMC- 24036 models.

If it is the wards 4.0, I have it's twin hitting my bench next week or the week after.
If I decide I can't get to it, I will be selling it.
It is almost a complete saw.

Attachments

• 1479086369581157505957.jpg
    1479086369581157505957.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 14790864054821454871611.jpg
    14790864054821454871611.jpg
    866.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1479086435502523779975.jpg
    1479086435502523779975.jpg
    923.2 KB · Views: 12
If it is the wards 4.0, I have it's twin hitting my bench next week or the week after.
If I decide I can't get to it, I will be selling it.
It is almost a complete saw.

PL-5 from the looks of the (early) fuel cap.

How come they always take the muffler off to look at the piston and never put it back?[emoji35]

PL-5 from the looks of the (early) fuel cap.

How come they always take the muffler off to look at the piston and never put it back?[emoji35]
I thought the same thing when I got it. I thought they forgot some of the muffler, until I realized that is all it came with. A "stack". They must be loud.

I've got a Wards 5.0 (Remington PL-55A) that originally had an automatic oiler. I plugged the fitting that pressurized the tank because it filled the crankcase with oil; so now it only has the manual oiler. It is one of the Remington saws that requires the throttle to be fully open in order for the oiler to pump. The manual oiler on this saw has never worked right, and so far I've:

1) Replaced the oil plunger,
2) Replaced the o-ring on the oil plunger,
3) Replaced the o-ring on the screw that meters the oil flow (on the rear handle),
4) Cleaned the oil pickup filter, and ensured that the oil hose has no cracks or holes,
5) Drilled a hole in the oil cap and put a cotter-pin in the oil cap to ensure that the oil tank cannot vapor-lock,
6) Cleaned the oil lines with break cleaner,
7) Adjusted the metering screw, all the way out to 3 full turns open, and
8) Used oil mixed 2:1 with diesel fuel (for ease of pumping).

I did all of this, and when I pull the throttle trigger and press the oil plunger I still only get bubbles to come out of the oil hole.

I have plugged the check valve that pressurises the oil tank on several other Remington saws, and have never had a problem with the manual oiler not working. Does anybody know what else I can try to fix the manual oiler?

Thanks much.

Latest posts

Back