Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran into a problem;
I have 2 Remington SL5 Logmasters, one has a good coil/engine and the other has good paint, so I wanted to make one good saw out of them, but I don't know how to get the clutch off.
172990bc79f4b3e477f1b871ccce645f.jpg

Sorry if this has already been discussed, couldn't find anything about it,

I've got another problem;
The "bantam style" Mall saw I have has no muffler, which is usually no big deal as most bantam type saws I've dealt with use the same "muffler" (elbow) as the S754. When I went to put one of the S754 mufflers I have onto the Mall, it didn't fit. Any other muffler I tried also had the same problem; they're all about 3/8" too narrow from center to center of the bolt holes. So did Mall/Remington ever use a larger muffler on any of their bantam style saws? The saw does run, but I need a muffler that fits it to cut with it.

105cc would also make it the same size as the Super 990... I'll have to fabricate a muffler for that one.

This is all that's on it:
92e332f63ae2b49e464c1b2107fd55dd.jpg

No stickers or anything else other than "Central Exchange" on air filter cover.

Does anybody know about a Remington mighty mite, that's bright blue and modeled as a weekender 12? Found a complete one that I think I might buy

Plastic case or all magnesium construction?

Mighty Mite Bantams are good tiny saw.

The later Yardmaster types are a cruel joke.
It appears to be all magnesium, I have a magnesium case red mighty mite at home that I've never done anything with. It could probably be made to run with not much effort. I assume they are about the same as a mini mac as far as actually use.
ADLM

Latest posts

Back