Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happysaws

happysaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
I ran into a problem;
I have 2 Remington SL5 Logmasters, one has a good coil/engine and the other has good paint, so I wanted to make one good saw out of them, but I don't know how to get the clutch off.
172990bc79f4b3e477f1b871ccce645f.jpg

Sorry if this has already been discussed, couldn't find anything about it,

happysaws

happysaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've got another problem;
The "bantam style" Mall saw I have has no muffler, which is usually no big deal as most bantam type saws I've dealt with use the same "muffler" (elbow) as the S754. When I went to put one of the S754 mufflers I have onto the Mall, it didn't fit. Any other muffler I tried also had the same problem; they're all about 3/8" too narrow from center to center of the bolt holes. So did Mall/Remington ever use a larger muffler on any of their bantam style saws? The saw does run, but I need a muffler that fits it to cut with it.

astnmacgto

astnmacgto

Carnac The Magnificent
Plastic case or all magnesium construction?

Mighty Mite Bantams are good tiny saw.

The later Yardmaster types are a cruel joke.
It appears to be all magnesium, I have a magnesium case red mighty mite at home that I've never done anything with. It could probably be made to run with not much effort. I assume they are about the same as a mini mac as far as actually use.
ADLM

Latest posts