Stihl 084 AV Ignition Coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also in need of an ignition coil for an 084. The part number is 2 204 222 114? This seems to be a different part number than the ones I see listed in other posts....Any input or suggestions on where to pick one up & why the numbers might be different?Thanks
whats the serial number of yr saw.. you may have the very early saw which has the trigger unit and thats the number you are seeing.
here is a pic of the CDIC coil

whats the serial number of yr saw.. you may have the very early saw which has the trigger unit and thats the number you are seeing.
here is a pic of the CDIC coil
Where is the serial number located on the 084? I cant seem to locate it...

Sorry to bring up an old thread. But has anyone found a reseller of the 084av coils, as I’m hunting one down and everyone has laughed at me.
Cheers

I assumed it was when I did it...just going off of what I know about the 064 ignitions the unlimited coil needs a different slot. Pull the flywheel and see what slot it's in. If using the 1122-1314 coil from the 660 I'd run it in the "b" slot. The one I worked on seemed to work fine with that set up.
I removed the crook coil from the 084 laminations, then slid a DZE 066 coil, which I had removed from its laminations on to the 084 ones. I used the DZE coil because mine were made in Argentina, and were not glued on like some of the Chinese ones.

Attachments

• IMG-1016.jpg
    IMG-1016.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG-1029.jpg
    IMG-1029.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back